Chapter 13: Strategies Forming

"Yo! What may you people want?" The
statement was directed at the person in front of me.

   Ryūen stood there with two people beside him, the student who grabbed me last time and one of the 'victims' from Sudō's incident. The other students of Class C gradually went away from us.

   "Is it true?" He asked with a smirk on his face, but you could still hear traces of suspicion in his voice.

   "He snitched already, huh?" I responded, sighing.

   "Oho? Who could've guessed something like this?"

   It didn't take that long before they found out, though it's earlier than expected. I'll have to adjust some things when I get back.

   "There is no need for me to answer, it's all up to you if you believe it or not."

   What was the purpose of doing that? Did he think that his reputation would be enough? Or is he trying something else? Now that I declined, will he use violence to get the answer? Perhaps he will try to bribe me using points.

   "Well, how does having more private points sound? You are in dire need of them, you defectives spent all of them."

   Unlike those fools I actually saved mine, but any other of my classmates would be interested. Still, it doesn't hurt getting more points. Unless they find out about that, then it's game over.

   "How much?" I immediately asked, acting like it interested me.

   "10,000" He kept smiling, which made me kind of irritated.

   "Too low." I replied, sounding disappointed. Who wouldn't? The information I hold is pretty valuable in my opinion.

   "You don't have a choice, take it or leave it."

   "80,000 and I'll give you proof."

   I threw another something significant into the deal, which was actual proof. This made it more safe for him to accept. I could just lie or give him wrong information he can't confirm.

   "20,000"

   "As you heard the other one you can ask will probably not leave the camp anytime soon. I'm the only option you have, 50,000 that's my final order. This is your last chance."

   Yamauchi is too frightened to go back into the forest. It probably traumatized him forever. Since this information will be known after a while, it's good to get something in return for it.

   "Tch, fine." His smile slowly faded, turning into a more serious one. By the looks of it seems like he's finally taking this seriously.

   "I assume you have one, right?" I looked around, trying to find it.

   "What?" Although he knew what I meant, he still asked anyway.

   "A contract, what else? You see, I'm not really the type to trust words from an enemy class." I explained like it was the obvious thing to do.

   "Alright." We both signed it and did all the procedures needed.

   "So the day has come where I st—Nevermind." I abruptly ended my sentence, making them slightly confused.

   I took off my jacket, showing all the bruises from my arm. Various purple spots ran all across my arm. You could see a cut in dried up blood due to the wooden branch. They were healing slowly compared to the ones in my face. My strength slowly, but surely came back. I also gave a detailed description of my story that was filled with half lies and half truths.