Chapter 32 "Unforeseen"

(Unedited.)

"Y-Yeonjun?"

It was so sudden that everyone froze in their spot. Only those of the delicate and tiny snow flakes that made sure to keep their world revolving.

"Didn't expect me to come home this early?" Yeonjun smiled which made him look even more terrifying at the moment.

"He called you?!" Beomgyu asked Hiro while gesturing towards the red-haired boy's direction.

"Why do people always ask the obvious-" Hiro who was about to snap, suddenly realized that he was talking to a higher-up. "I- I mean.. yes. He called to confirm our location."

"I've had enough of your fucking denseness," Yeonjun growled before he walked up to Kai. Lifting his hand to form a fist, and didn't hesitate to punch his friend square on the face.

Deep inside, Yeonjun knew that he did not want to do it. But if it was the only way to make Kai realize everything, then so be it. He could never stand this drama anymore, he was so sick of it.

Kai was not able to defend himself because of how fast the punch was. He stumbled backwards, the sharp pain crawled across his face as he was still in shock. Yeonjun prepared for another punch, this time, it was all because of anger.

Beomgyu who was even more surprised, didn't know whether he should just watch or stop them. He had no idea what exactly was happening and why the heck did Yeonjun suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"Sir!" On the other hand, Hiro stepped closer with an attempt to protect his Young master. All five of the heirs were Hiro's friends, but he will never turn his back to whom he was working for.

But, he did not have the chance to go nearer and threw a punch at Yeonjun when Kai ordered him to stop just by raising his left hand. Hiro was contemplating at that moment, thinking if he was just going to watch how Yeonjun will beat him up.

Beomgyu saw how Kai gave his subordinate a look. A kind of look that was saying 'this is not your fight.'

As a close friend, Beomgyu then immediately thought that maybe.. there was something more to just Kai and Y/n's love story. It was not clear enough for Beomgyu yet, but he knew right away as soon as he realized that Kai was not planning to fight Yeonjun back.

When another punch landed on Kai's face, it knocked him down to the ground. Blood spilled from the cut on his lips as he groaned at the painful impact from his back.

"Hyung.." Kai spoke softly. The pain in his voice was as clear as crystal. The last time Kai called him that was like ages ago.

Though Yeonjun, Kai, and their other three friends were on the same batch in college, Yeonjun was still a little older. It was only because he started school too late. He was the oldest among them which means he was unlikely to hurt them, and that doubled his anger.

"Don't you dare call me.. that," Yeonjun warned as he prevented himself from trembling. Instead of a glare, Yeonjun mirrored the pain and confusion on Kai's face.

"What did my family ever do to you? For you to make her suffer like this?" He asked, trying to lower his voice. "Tell me, what else do you want?"

Kai slowly stood up. He wiped the blood on his lips with the back of his hand. "What the hell are you saying?"

Yeonjun scoffed, "And now you're playing dumb."

The tone on Yeonjun's voice got Beomgyu alarmed. He knew that two punches wouldn't be enough to finish this talk.

"Yeonjun, let's make a decent-" Unfortunately, Yeonjun already threw another punch and it stressed the hell out of Beomgyu as he was unable to finish his words.