Chapter 2 "Still A Virgin"

"Traditional Chinese opera consists of recitatives, with percussion interjections followed by appropriate arias." The Music teacher reads the definitions.

Y/n is sitting in her class for the last subject in the morning. Her seat is next to a window which means it's a nice place.

"What is an aria?" The teacher asks but no one raised a hand. Half of the class looked away while the other half acted as if they're writing something.

"Anyone?" The teacher asked again with a warm smile. "Hmm, how about the new transfer student?"

Y/n's gaze quickly landed back on the teacher. "M-Me?" She asks with a shaking voice as she points herself with a finger.

The teacher nodded.

She stood up slowly and tried to smile. "What is an.. aria?" Once again, the teacher asks.

Forcing her voice to come out of her throat, she sweats immediately. She quickly got embarrassed plus she is a new student in this class.

"A-An aria.. is a song in an opera..s-sung by one p-person."

"Excellent!" The teacher exclaimed with a clap. Y/n exhaled, finally knowing again how to breathe.

"How do you know that, that's is not even in the book!" A student, with honors, complained.

"I.. I love the Chinese culture.. so y-yeah. I study about their music a lot." Y/n honestly shared.

"And if I ask you, Ms. Y/n, during what century did they first use this word?" The teacher walked near her seat and asked again.

"Uhh," Y/n thought of it. She's not one-hundred percent sure if she could answer it correctly. "I believe the first use was.. uhm.. during 17th or 18th century?" She answered with a questioning tone.

The teacher just smiled and nodded. "Good. I'll give you 20 points for answering two questions." She walked back at the front.

Y/n smiled before sitting back on her chair. At the same time, the bell rings signaling everyone that it is finally time for lunch. Everyone in the classroom cheered and got up from their seats without waiting for the teacher to say something.

Y/n just packed her things and headed out of the room to have lunch.

Meanwhile,

"I can't bloody wait to see her.." Beomgyu mumbles while walking.

"Shut up, Beomgyu-ah." Soobin retorts.

"Okay, okay! Jeez.." the said boy raised up his hands as if he is surrendering. "I know you feel the same, bro."

"Aishh.." Soobin just rolled his eyes, getting annoyed by Beomgyu.

"Which direction, again?" Taehyun who is walking beside Yeonjun, asks. "That or that?"

"This way," Yeonjun pointed and they all walked down on another hallway. "At the end of the hall, that's where her classroom is located at." Yeonjun told them.

"Ahh," Taehyun nodded and Soobin is silently fighting with Beomgyu behind them. "I bet she's still uncomfortable with us." Taehyun guessed.

On the other hand, there is Kai, listening to his friends while the other part of his mind is thinking of something.

"Ahuh?" Yeonjun shortly replied. "Why don't you ask her to sit with us in the cafeteria?" Taehyun asks, hoping that he will agree.