Chapter 41 "Sinking Alone"

Five months later...

Time flew so fast. Months ago, Jinnho's first attempt became a fail as the sisters, together with Saegi and Y/n, rushed towards city to city every other day. No more photos and news were heard in the last five months. Korea didn't hear any news about the missing fianceé of the heir of the Star organization.

The heirs kept it like that, while they searched for them through various ways. Two weeks ago, they came back after roaming around the entire Southeast Asia, as the last code from Kylla was sent through Beomgyu's video games. As usual, the heirs failed. They came late and heard some rumors that Jinnho was chasing down the girls in Thailand, but they managed to lose him on the way and stayed in another country.

Christmas, New Year, Valentine's Day, Graduation Day, everything went by in just a blink and everything happened so fast.

With the amount of time and months, whenever they had free time, the heirs learned some and more basics of self-defenses and proper holding of guns with Hiro and Taehyun always guiding them. Given that Zhou was tough and they fight dirty, the heirs atleast had to learn how to protect themselves.

Today, the heirs were about to have a press conference again.

"Okay, where the heck is Kai?" Yeonjun came out with his now jet-black hair.

"Home, probably." The silver-haired Taehyun replied.

Soobin leaned against his car as he chuckled with a saddened expression. "Well, he's been stuck at home for two weeks. The last time I saw him was when we left the airport."

"Should we pay him a visit?" Beomgyu asked.

The four of them took Beomgyu's suggestion as they all drove fast towards Kai's house, only to be greeted by locked gates, no guards and gardeners, and a very messy driveway.

It had been months since their last visit in his house, and it looked like a wasteland. The boys had to climb the gates and the roofs as no one was there to open the doors for them. Even the guard house was empty.

Kai's husky dogs were no longer present as well, the garden was filled with thorns as they outgrew the delicate roses, withered leaves and plants were everywhere.

They saw an open window and they quickly went in, they still memorized the maze-like mansion and walked down together on the hallway.

"It's really dusty in here," Taehyun commented as he could see some webs dangling from the chandeliers and the furnitures were coated in thick dust.

"He's been home for weeks and the place looks so dead." Yeonjun glanced at the others and they nodded.

A few more steps and they halted when they saw a huge portrait of Kai and Y/n hanged up with a big console table underneath. It still looked lovely, despite being covered in a few webs.

They were about to give comments again, until they heard a faint voice, singing softly as it echoed in the hallway. They followed it until they reached the library, opening the doors to enter.

I'm full of problems, love sick

No way to go

I was fine to die

I'm a loser in this game

The only one rule of this world

Save me

Take my hand

Please use me like a drug

I know I love you