Chapter 18 "Boys' Talk"

"Taehyun told you already, didn't he?"

Soobin surprisingly asked as soon as she appeared beside him. Y/n was startled. "Uhh, I.. how did you.."

"I just guessed. When I turned around to pick a thin branch, I saw you two at the corner of my eye, talking and looking so deadass serious."

"Honestly, yes. He told me. Everything." She confessed and Soobin finally looked at her. "Just what I''ve guessed. But why are you here? The sunset looks more beautiful if you watch it from your room."

"Taehyun asked a favor. It's simple. I'm just gonna have a chat with you about.. you know." She replied.

"Hmm. I'm fine now, Y/n. He told you everything already and I can sense that you understand us." Soobin reassured with a sad smile.

"Yes, I really do."

Soobin lowered his gaze as he watched the water, drenching his feet. "I'm glad that we met, Y/n."

Y/n gave him a questioning look before he gave a clarification. "You are my ex-girlfriend's total opposite. She was a slut and you're a caring friend. She was a devil and you're an angel. She was a gold-digger while you're a seeker of hope. You know how to love while she can't. The only thing that you're both the same at, is you and her are both beautiful."

All of what Soobin had said was correct. She was Taehyun and Soobin's first love and heart break. Wasn't it unfair? She can broke pure hearts at the same time. She can turn them into monsters just like her. She practically taught them how to give pain to the others. But now, now that she is gone, these dudes are seeking for a new life.

Y/n's total opposite, indeed. But what? Love? Does he means, loving romantically? Loving Kai? There's no love between them! This is business and help. That's it. Both businesses will benefit on the agreement. But the benefits are just for the businesses. There's no romance.

"When you meet the other guys, are they all playboys already?"

"No. Beomgyu and Kai only. But Yeonjun? He came to us like a broken glass. He didn't told us his reasons but he just needed our help. He wanted to be happy. But then, we just found out his main reason weeks ago. He said that he became so depressed after your parents' death. And you're busy with some school stuffs so you didn't get to hang out and even checked what exactly happened on the Kanggi bridge." Soobin told her all the details. Everything is getting clearer now.

"Our only idea is to make him happy through girls. And I am really sorry about that, Y/n. If only we knew.." he trailed off then sighed, lifting his gaze up on the sky.

"It's okay. Everything happens for a reason."

"Exactly. But about Gyu and Kai? They were literally born to grow up as players. But, I guess people really do change." Soobin finally laughed. Y/n smiled seeing a friend smiling in a pure way.

"You know. You don't deserve that girl. I know you don't love her anymore, but if you still do, and if you're not meant for each other, then destiny will find a way to tear you two apart. Why? Because destiny prepared someone else for the both of you. For the both of you two to love and cherish forever. I know you understand what I mean."

"Yeah." Soobin replied, realization is behind as always. His heart felt like a heavy thing was finally lifted and thrown away. A fresh and new start won't be bad maybe.

Everything will be settled soon.

"Thanks, Y/n." Soobin said before glancing behind and chuckling. "I think we should head back. The sunset disappeared already."