Chapter 30 "Snow"

(Unedited.)

The cold night embraced the city as it filled each street. Surprisingly, the night was silent. The roads were empty except the main one. Buildings were less crowded, all parks were empty, everything seemed vague and strange.

It was the kind of night where Y/n was stilling strolling around. Not caring of how cold the weather was. She stopped on a sidewalk, warming her hands together as she looked upon a young Ginkgo tree beside her.

She watched as its delicate branches swayed along the wind that was passing by. She frowned when she realized that there was only one leaf left, still attached to a small branch.

Y/n waited for a few more minutes, until the branch finally let go of the last leaf. She sighed as she started walking again. She had been thinking for the past hours.

Her thoughts were messed up, but she always ended with only one solution.

She took her phone from her cardigan and unlocked it. She dialed someone's number and waited for an answer. After five rings, her call was picked.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Kaliyah. Uhm.. I've made my decision."

******

Taehyun, even in his young age. He was a man who kept himself busy to distract his mind. His parents were still not home, he felt distressed that he had to balance both his work and his studies. He was months away from his graduation and he could not wait any longer for his school days to end.

He was in the middle of a meeting about launching the new inventions their company had been preparing for the past weeks. He hid the fact that he was stressed and sleepless so that the meeting won't be postponed.

"Sir, we've already ran a few tests," his father's secretary said.

Taehyun who was sitting at the end of the rectangular table, kept his straight face as he eyed the team leaders from the Marketing and Management teams. They both looked nervous and terrified, gripping their folders and papers tightly.

He leaned on his left as his swivel chair followed. A fact that Taehyun liked the most was that all of their company's employees were more scared of him than his father.

The two team leaders were both sweating as they avoided Taehyun's piercing gaze.

"Aren't you two going to speak?"

After he asked that, the two trembled even more. It was like his voice was a wolf's howl that scared the hell out of them. He couldn't help but to be stressed even more. He was rushing some things and the employees weren't of big help.

"I didn't come here to hear nothing from ya'll. I still have other things to deal with including my classes, but I managed to set a meeting for the future events that are about to give us billions and that ya'll could have something for dinner with your family," Taehyun strongly remarked. Each and everyone of them were continuing to avoid his gaze.

"I want you to make me recall what my father did in the launching event months ago and how much he earned and who are the richest people that had the chance to attend."

By how these people behave infront of him, he became certain of one thing. He was more terrifying and dangerous than his father, when it was about business.