Chapter 44 "Each Other's Arms"

"I'm nervous."

"You should be- ack! Hey, that hurts!" Saegi whined like a little kid when Y/n smacked her head.

Kaliyah who was at the front, chuckled as she eyed Y/n who looked like her blood was drained out. She was leading them towards the front of the house.

The estate house was even bigger than what Kai owned. Y/n and Saegi could only admire how magnificent the place looked like.

As they entered the very spacious house, Kylla came in to the scene and greeted the two. After the small celebration, they were escorted towards the living room.

Y/n nervously sat down on the couch, hands were sweating and trembling. She glanced at the sisters who were sitting opposite to her, they just smiled and gave her a thumbs up.

Saegi tapped her shoulder for comfort, "You better relax or you'll end up freaking out."

"That doesn't sound so comforting, but okay." Y/n said and at the same time, the doors opened, revealing a middle-aged woman, who still looked so beautiful and stunning. Still had a very firm and slim body, looking like she was aging backwards.

The sisters immediately stood up and bowed at her, Y/n and Saegi were startled as they followed the sisters' gestures.

"Sit down." The woman said sternly. Her eyes looking ahead as she shot them a cold stare.

They all followed and watched her sat down on the single couch at the very end. She sighed heavily, sounding like she just got off work. The two new girls were elbowing each other while Kylla mentally face palmed at the sight.

Kaliyah noticed how nervous Y/n was and could do nothing but just remain silent.

"I'm Jeanice Huening, Kai's mother," she introduced as she looked at them. Eyes were lowkey flaring, she then pointed at one of them. "Choi Y/n of Wen company."

Y/n nodded before she bowed slightly.

Mrs. Huening shifted her eyes and raised her eyebrow at Saegi, "And who's this?"

"I'm Song Saegi," she bowed as well. "Y/n's bestfriend."

The older woman gave them another look before she glanced at her daughters. "What do you think, girls?"

The sisters were confused as they looked at their mother.

"What are your thoughts about Y/n? Do you think she'll-"

"Mom, I'm sorry to interrupt you, but whether we like Y/n or not, she will still marry our brother. Kai is now in position for the organization and Y/n is carrying the next future heir." Kaliyah said, full of confidence as she protected Y/n from what her mother was about to say.

Crossing her legs, Mrs. Huening remained silent as she kept eyeing Y/n. When she looked away again, Saegi leaned and whispered to her friend.

"She's scarier than Mr. Huening.."

"Keep it down, Saeg."

"So, it's a boy?" She asked again, shutting her daughters, who were about to talk, as she just raised her hand.

"Y-Yes, Ma'am.." Y/n answered.

The mother leaned back on her seat, recalling the old and fun times she had with Y/n's parents. "I trust my husband on this. I knew that the Chois and the Wen company will do well in our partnership."