(2) Someone is Watching Me

It's been a week since Six killed the lady, during that week she took care of the other monsters. The chefs, the remaining guests, even Roger. Not that anyone would care if those monsters died anyways. They were a thorn on her side, also she did those kids a favor by getting rid of them.

Where are the bodies you ask? She...has no idea. 2 days after she killed the guests, the bodies were gone. Funny thing about it is she found them in the freezer. All pilled up in one place--well most of them were scattered all across the floor but still.

The girl had no idea who was doing this nor does she have a clue as to what this person was planning, she isn't even sure if it was a person. Who in their right mind would be able to move THAT many bodies in a span of 2 days? Without Six even noticing them?

"Maybe its a new monster...? Something we have never encountered before,"  a whispered voice spoke from her side. Six glanced towards the speaker, she seemed un-amused. The thing she was looking at, was her shadow...or to be more precise, the fragment of her soul. After killing the lady, taking her powers and stabalizing her body. The shadow's form became more permanent. Instead of only appearing during her hunger pains, she is now a permanent being. Though she isn't able to hurt her, she can still follow her around.

"How should there be a new monster? I've lived in the maw for a year and a half, I'm sure I got rid of every big and dangerous thing this damn place had!" Six spat, voice filled with annoyance that her shadow would even suggest that probability. "Truth be told, half of the year was spent in that playground. You didn't even know what to do first once you got here!" her other self hissed back at her. For the more 'compassionate' and 'friendly' part of her soul to be seperated from her body, that part doesn't seem to be friendly at all.

"Why not go through the kid's memories again? Maybe he knows something we don't. He's been here longer than we did. I mean before you...ate him and all," guilt sunk into the girl's stomach as she glanced away quietly. Ever since she got her emotions back, she felt a sense of guilt once she remembered the nome--no no...person... she ate. How was she supposed to know that some of the nomes used to be children!? She had the option to either eat a child sausage or the nome.

Six almost regrets having her emotions back, yes she can feel happiness, hope and all the positive stuff but there are also negative emotions she can now feel. Such as anger, guilt, hate, sadness and etc. She despised the feeling, especially guilt. She hated remembering what she did to get this far and feel guilty about it. She had to survive. She didn't have a choice in the matter.

Her shadow's voice snapped her out of her thoughts as if she knew she was spiraling down a rabbit hole of emotions. "Why are you even feeling bad about it? Its not the first time you inevitably sent someone to their death," Six flinched at her tone, hand moving up to clutch her arm tightly. As harsh as her words were, she was right.

"I told you already, the only monsters he encountered throughout his whole life in the maw was Roger, the chefs, that wrinkled up water grandma, the lady, the guests and the shadow children. There is NOTHING else," "Do you think the shadow kids did it then?" Six pursed her lips into a thin line, contemplating whether or not to hold that true. She doesn't know a thing about those shadows other than the kid encountering them and killing them with light.

"But why would they go so far to move the bodies to the freezer? What use would it be? In fact whats the point of it?!" Six questioned, holding her arm tighter as she tried to make sense of what was going on. "...To feed the kids?" her shadow spoke up, causing Six to perk up at the possibility. "W-what?" she whispered in disbelief, staring at the shadow like a mad man. "I mean what else explanation is there? You saw what was going on in that cafeteria 2 days ago, the children were eating a hot meal. As if someone cooked it for them, you even tasted it didn't you?"

"Surely it was the older kids that did it! The other kids cooked whatever they could find and distributed it!" Six could not believe that those shadows would even try to HELP kids. She saw the boy's memories! They tried to kill him. Multiple times. "Six, you've seen how the kids here act. They are oblivious, naive, innocent. Bet that most of them didn't even know they were fed food just to be used as fooder for the guests. Why in the world would they have any skills on cooking when they've been raised here, oblivious to the bigger picture!?"

"Look it doesn't make any sense okay!? Why in the world would shadow kids even make food for those kids? Even go as far as to cook GUEST meat for them!? You saw his memories too! They're just pawns for that lady!" "Look, Six, you need to use that head of yours for once. Don't just assume things out of the blue after one look. I bet they followed the deceased lady's orders. They did what they're told. Like puppets,"

"Then are you saying its MY fault  that they're helping those kids? Which is of course still a far fetched scenario," Six crossed her arms with a frown "Think about it, after you killed the lady. Who do you think gets to command them? You. You get to command them. They follow your orders,"

"Why do they think I wanted them to care for those kids in the first place?" Six asked her firmly, eyes narrowed. Yeah she got rid of the monsters for those kids but that doesn't mean she wanted to CARE for them. Sure she wanted them to survive but she didn't want it to be her problem. She has her own priorities, which is by the way, her own survival. She doesn't have time to care for gullible children who would suck up to her for protection. Its disgusting and she hates being relied on.

"Well maybe you should ask the shadow that is watching us behind that bottle over there," tbe shadow pointed towards a huge empty wine bottle. Six couldn't exactly see what she was pointing at but she saw the familiar white mask.

"Who the hell

"Who the hell...?"

**************************

Total words for the chapter: 1143

Fun 2nd chapter! Also a little author's note: I may not be able to upload that quickly, due to motivation and due to the lack of time. I'll do my best to express my story au in words because I mostly just post comics of it.

See you next time on the 3rd part of this book!