(10) Handholding

A day has passed since Runaway got his new name and since Six saw his face. It was clear that the girl wasn't used to seeing his face being so expressive before, sometimes he's give her a wide smile and the girl in yellow would be left dumbfounded.

Sometimes he'd even ask her if she preferred that he wore his mask. Kyra, Six's shadow, was of course the first to protest. Unlike Six, Kyra thought the expressions Seven makes was funny and entertaining.

In the end, Six told Seven to keep his mask off. Promising him that she'll get used to it soon.

Where are they right now you ask? Currently in the children's play area. It was actually nighttime and the kids were in bed, all fast asleep. Since it was of course it was nighttime, Seven can roam the area and play with the toys in the dark. As much as Six didn't like the dark, she doesn't mind it if Seven enjoys it. She can tell it was getting hard for him to resist acting like a child again so she could at least do him a favor and let him have his fun. She is his friend after all and thats what friends do!

Seven wandered the play area, smiling with glee as he stopped to play with the electrical train. The electricity was of course turned off cause if it was on then he'd probably be burning right now.

Seven grabs the front of the train and dragged it front and back of the track. He'd even imitate train noises too. "All aboard the Runaway Express! With your favorite conductor, Seven!" he gleefully spoke before giggling. Its nice to act like a kid again instead of being some sort of soldier.

"Chugga-chugga choo-choo!" he imitates the train's noises before perkinh up once he heard a yell. "Six?" he releases the train immediately and ran to her side. It was easy for him to see in the dark...unlike Six who has trouble with it. Can't really blame her.

"Ow..." Six hissed. She was about to go over to Seven and play with him until she accidentally slipped on a block. She's passed through here countless of times, why now of all times did she slip!? "Six are you okay?" Six nods her head before looking up and freezing.

Seven held his hand out for her to grab so he can help her stand. Unfortunately for Seven, the simple gesture caused a flash of memories to invade her mind. The memory of an old friend. Seeing how Six froze, he thought that she was still getting used to his face so he ended up grabbing her hand himself.

The action caused Six to flinch and slap his hand away, which in turn shocked Seven. "....Six?"

Six held her hands close to her chest, eyes wide as she stared at Seven "Seven I...I'm so sorry I didn't mean to slap your hand I just--"

"It's fine Six...I'm fine," he reassured her with a gentle tone. Seven once again held his hand out for her to grab "How about we get you to bed, okay? You're probably tired,"

Six merely stared at his hand quietly before getting up and walking past him. "I can get there myself," her voice sounded shaky. Did he do something wrong?...surely not....right?

Aftet arriving at the Lady's bedroom, Six tries her best to climb onto the bed but due to the shock she experienced it was a bit hard for her to grab the sheets and climb properly. "I can help--"  "NO," Six snapped "I can do this myself," she growled.

The tone of her voice caused Seven to flinch and go quiet "Okay....". It took Six a while but she was able to get on the bed. "...Six?...Are you okay?" Seven asked his friend quietly only to have his question ignored. "...Just go away Seven..I want some time alone,"

Her words tore through his heart as he opened his mouth to speak up. She never tells him to go away before, ever since they became aquainted with each other, Six never told him to leave her alone. This was a first for him.