(26) A Shadow's Duty

The once ominous forest outside the maw felt calm, peaceful even. Everything was quiet, no birds chirping, no hounds howling, no chickoricks clucking. It was just...quiet.
Not that Six minds the silence, she quite enjoys it. She's alone with her thoughts and everything felt nice. She stood in front of a small opening by the forest, the sunlight shining down upon a patch of colorful flowers. A mix of yellow, blue and green.

Her mind wanders before stopping at the thought of making a flower crown. She knelt down onto the ground, her hand outstretched to caress the petals of the flower before resting her fingers on the stem. Her grip tightened a bit and she makes a move but before she could pluck it, something-someone, stopped her.

Six'a grip on the stem of the blue flower loosened as she retracts her hand, then stood up dusting the dirt that clung to her knees and raincoat

Six'a grip on the stem of the blue flower loosened as she retracts her hand, then stood up dusting the dirt that clung to her knees and raincoat. She didn't face him, her back turned towards the person who called her. The person she hurt.

"What do you want, Seven?" Her voice wavers when she tried being firm with her words. She didn't want to see him, to see his face, to see what he looked like, to see what kind of expression he made when he found her.

She's scared , too scared to look at him, too scared to face him.

"I was looking for you," Six would quickly reply to him in a harsh tone "Well you found me, now leave me alone," Please stay

"I was looking for you," Six would quickly reply to him in a harsh tone "Well you found me, now leave me alone," Please stay. Stay with her. "Six I want to talk about what happened-" her breath hitched at his words, heart hammering against her chest as she felt heavy. "There is NOTHING for us to talk about!" She hissed "What's there to talk about when what happened was obvious!? I hurt you," Seven's next words made her eyes water "..and I forgive you,"

She didn't know what to say to him so she kept quiet. "Six, I know you didn't mean to hurt me. It wasn't your fault," Six brings her hands close to her chest. She can't just get away with this, she can't get away with hurting him again. It's not fair for him.

"Six it's not your fault, you couldn't control your hunger," Why why why why why why why why why. Why is he so ready to throw her actions away? Why is he just letting her get away with what she had done? She needs to atone, she needs to pay for what she did.