(16) She remembers

Seven happily ran back to the maw, carrying a lot of flowers in his arms. He ran through the halls, the stairs then finally reaching the lady's room where Six and Kyra were reading the private book of the lady. No its not a diary its basically the history of the maw.

Six perked up when Seven suddenly arrived with flowers in his arms. "Seven you're back!" she chirped happily. "Thats a lot of flowers...what are you gonna do with them? They wilt pretty quickly after a day or so," Seven walks over to the two, giving both a kiss on the cheek as a greeting.

"They won't wilt unless you guve them enough water and sunlight!" Seven smiles "...Though I wonder if any of the kids know a thing or two about farming or gardening..." he really needs help with the food situation of the maw. "Why did you take so long by the way?" Six asked curiously "What else did you do other than picking flowers?"

Seven gasped as he dropped the flowers "I almost forgot!" why did he forget about Mono!? If Six approves of him, he can stay in the maw and he can tell Seven more about what his experiences!

"Forgot what?" Six tilts her head at him "I actually met a kid in the forest! He was pretty weird," Seven grins as the memory of their meeting comes flooding into his mind. Six blinks at that, another kid? Well she knows it was possible that kids are still outside but its still a strange occurence.

"Do you know his name?" The girl in yellow asked as Kyra wrapped her arms around Seven from behind. Seven rubs his chin thoughtfully before snapping his fingers. "His name was Mono!" as soon as the name was uttered, everything went quiet. The room had a tense air surrounding it and it was getting a bit uncomfortable.

Six's breath hitched as she froze on the spot, eyes wide as sweat trickled down her forehead. Whatever words Seven was trying to tell her was drowned out by her thoughts.

The echoing of voices within her mind as she recalled the boy she met 3 years ago.

The sudden appearance of bag boy in that hunter's cabin, where he disturbed her peace. She was happy with her music box, why did he have to be there?

The sound if his voice calling for her. 'Hey!' 'Oi!' 'Psst', she couldn't get close no matter how much she wanted to. The warm feeling of his protective hand on hers, the warmth of another human being.... But warmth slowly disappeared as time went on, they meet the teacher, the doctor. Soon the warmth was just replaced with the shivering cold.

Wherever she went with him, danger is always lurking. It made it seem like he wanted both of them to die. Then the thin man came. He didn't do anything. He cowered there as she got taken away. He let her get taken.

She was locked away in that room for god knows how long. But she was safe in that room, with her precious music box.

Why is he here again? Well she doesn't mind as long as he doesn't do anything.

Then everything went by so fast, the defeaning sound of his cries. She was angry, then he broke it. He broke her music box. He broke the only thing that made her feel safe.

He took everything away from her. She also saw what he'll become, she had no choice. She had to get rid of him. She had to let him go that day.

Six snapped out of her thoughts when Seven called for her, she was having a hard time breathing and tears were streaming down her face. Seven reached out and cups her cheek, eyes filled with worry. "Did I make you upset with what I said?" he asked her. Six hesitated, how is she supposed to tell him that the boy he met was the person she left behind all those years ago? She doesn't want him to hate her...or fear her. "Six...?" Six looked away, flinching at his voice as she whimpered.

"Its about Mono," Kyra spoke up, making Six snap her head towards her shadow in alarm "Kyra--"  "You've kept this from him long enough Six, you can't keep your secrets from him forever," Kyra hissed.

Kyra releases Seven from her grip and moved to Six's side. "Seven...the person you mentioned..Mono..." Six swallows a lump in her throat as she holds her arm tightly. "Thats the person she betrayed 3 years ago," Seven was left dumbfounded by this answer. Eyes wide and face holding a look of shock.

Six shuts her eyes, ready to hear him yell out, berate her, make her feel guilty for her actions. She deserves it. She knows she does.

"...Isn't that a good thing?" Six opens her eyes in shock by his words "Huh?" Kyra seemed...confused by his reaction. Seems that she also expected him to look at the two in disgust or fear.

"You've been feeling guilty, weren't you? Since he's still alive...can't you apologize and talk to him? Make things smooth between you two again?" Seven suggested with a gentle smile. Six didn't expect that answer from him...well she should've. No one would've befriended someone like her, even going far as to...date..her. Six was still scared though.

She can't face Mono, not after what she did to him. "Seven I'm not ready--" she is immediately embraced by the boy. "Then we'll wait until you are, take your tine to think about it. I'll always be here for you every step of the way," Seven pulls away from the hug to cup her cheeks. "Thats what partners do right? Be there for each other. Help each other," he kissed the top of her head lovingly.

"I promised you...and I'll always keep that promise," he leans his forehead against hers with a smile. Six's cheeks flare up a bit before smiling back. "Okay....I'll do my best. For you...," she uttered the last part under her breath, clearly embarassed by her words. Seven chuckles before closing his eyes.

"I love you,"

"...I love you too my little shadow boy,"

**************************

Total words for this chapter: 1048

Sorry for the lack of art and daily upload