(17) Come with me

Seven still hung out with Mono after that, he didn't want the bag boy to leave before Six properly apologized to him, also because he wanted to learn more about the outside world. He asked Six about it but all she told him was about the negative sides of it, he wanted to know if there was anything good. Even if it was just a little, he still hoped for a new and peaceful world. One where kids don't have to worry about getting killed, captured or eaten.

Mono was...happy to find someone to talk to after 3 years of suffering in that loop. Getting out of the loop was easy as soon as he found a solution, the problem was that it took at least 3 years for him to even get out. His fear of being alone and left behind just doubled the moment he remembered the loops. It shook him to the core and he didn't want to experience that ever again. He hoped Seven was different, he was a nice kid. Curious one too, he's always ask a lot of questions about the outside world.

He'd say something about a topic Mono doesn't know of, like...dogs and cats. Of course when he asked the boy, Seven only told him that he found them in books so he can tell how hopeful the boy was to know if these things existed. Sad to say but the world isn't as forgiving as his books says.

Seven would spend at least 3-5 hours with Mono then go back to the maw to help Six. Seven hasn't told Mono about Six, at least not yet.

Since Seven's time with him every day is limited, Mono does his best to teach him everything he knows. He taught him basic hunting skills, he taught him how to make traps and even taught him about making fire.

Once Mono was done teaching him, he'd even help Seven control his powers more

Once Mono was done teaching him, he'd even help Seven control his powers more. Even telling him some tips about making it efficient in combat.

A month has passed since Mono and Seven met each other, Seven learned alot and developed his efficiency with his shadows better than before while Mono got to learn more abot the maw. He was actually deciding to join the maw after hearing about how it is thriving. Maybe he can teach the other kids about hunting as well.

Seven knew he can't keep Six a secret forever and he knew he can't let Six's time prolonged any longer. He has to tell him, once he does he's bringing him to the maw. Thats his final decision.

Mono and Seven were currently sitting by the fire, it was morning but due to the large trees blocking the light, the place was kind of dark. The fire illumitated the area a bit so that was helpful too.

"Hey Mono?" Seven spoke up as he watched the bag boy fidle with the rabbarf they caught. (I'll post about the animals in this au in the next chapter) "What is it?" he uttered out a reply, gripping onto his make-shift knife as he tore through the fur and began skinnining the catch.

"Do you know anyone named Six?" the name made him halt his actions, body stiffening as the  grip on his knife tightens. Memories flood within his mind about the girl in yellow, the over-sized coat she wore when they first met in that cabin. The sound of the hunter's gun firing as they ran.