Part Two - The Departure

Tenth Nightfall:

...

Carl Vincent looks back at the kitchen from where he left Yna, and even though he still feels anxious about her he has to depart as what she wanted to.

"Carl?" it was his father that breaks his thought. "Where is Jefferson?"

"I ask him to take care of something."

"About what?" His father curiously asked.

"Just..." he shrugged. "Anyway, it isn't important he'll follow soon."

"Alright then, let's go home."

Carl Vincent just nodded as he silently prays for Yna's safety.

... ... ...

Yna takes time to rest before she goes back to her choir.

"Are you alright?" Jefferson suddenly asked her. He was left behind after Carl Vincent ordered him to stay to check on her.

"You may leave me now."

"But--"

"Tell him, I'm fine." She cuts him. "And please, try to stop him. I don't want him to get into trouble. Just... don't let us meet again."

"But he loves you. And you feel the same way too."

She became speechless because the truth has been revealed. Though, how could she fight for it when the man that she cares and loves most was eventually engage to Jessica? The biological child of the Crimson Family... who adapted and took care of her? She can't and she will never fight for that matter.

She takes a deep breath before answering. "Yes, I love him but... we can't be together. Maybe, not at this time and life..." 'Maybe not forever... and it breaks my heart.' She silently added to herself.

It took a minute for Jefferson to answer. "Alright, I do understand."

"Thanks."

"Alright, if you're already fine, I have to go." He said that she just nodded and he was gone after a while.

'I hope, Vince will understand me too.' she silently prayed as she watches the empty path from where Jefferson and Carl Vincent passed through.

... ... ...

Present time...

After all the commotion happened that night, Yna finally decided to leave the Mansion even though Mateo doesn't want her to depart instead, he wants her to wait until he takes care of the situation.