Part Two - The Assignment

Nineteenth Nightfall:

...

"Deténgase!" She shouted out loud. "Where do you think you are going?"

She slowly turned to her. "My Lady, I have to follow what I am told. Your father might scold me if I don't do the assignment, he asks me to do right away."

"And what is that?"

"That, I cannot say, my Lady."

"Qué?! Por qué no puedes decir? Qué tipo de tare ate está haciendo hacer y tienes que mantenerla en secreto para mí?!"

"My Lady, I am really sorry. Tengo orden de no decirte nunca lo que me ordenó tu padre, espero que lo entiendas." Sky's gentle dismissal and apology to her, that even if she wanted to get angry with her, she couldn't because of her calm explanation.

"Are you trying to protect me from whatever the truth that is, Sky?" She seriously asked.

"Yes, my Lady."

Silence...

"Sometimes we have truths that are hard to hide or erase even after we have done everything we can. Truths that are better left unsaid or revealed for the good of the person we want to protect. Because telling or revealing the truth can hurt someone's feelings yet an unsaid or revealed truth will also hurt someone's feelings. An equal damage as a result. Nevertheless, we still choose to hide the truth even though we know in the end we are the ones will hurt them most." She stated after the long silence. "And soon enough, Sky. You will be able to hurt me even though you didn't mean it."

... ... ...

Present

Morning

Yna wakes up early in the morning even though she slept late at night. And she felt like there is something was missing from her that morning.

She wanted to think of it when someone already knocks on the door. She takes a very deep breath before she answered.

"Come in, Lliah!" she said after the door opened and Alliah May came in.

"Good morning, Yna!"

"Good morning!" she greeted back.

"How's your sleep?"

"Fine."

Alliah May look at her keenly. "You look tired." She commented. "You slept late, right?"

Yna takes a deep breath before she answered. "Kind of..."

"Are you thinking of something?" she asked and sits beside her. "Tell me, what was that?"