The Party

First Nightfall:

...

The night was still young for Yna Crimson, the adopted child of the Crimson Family that is why she chooses to stay far from everyone and enjoy the scenery that she's seeing in a very good place, where she on the top of all. Literally, she's really at the top of a very large and tall tree inside the Crimson Mansion and she's been sitting there with so much ease as she watches on that spot while she thinks.

'I wonder? What will it be like when it is my birthday? Will it be the same as my sister or maybe not because, I'm just an adopted child...' a sudden rush of pain comes through her heart and she cannot ignore it because the truth always right. They will never accept her as their own though her father, Mr. Mateo Crimson claimed and love her as his own child, while his wife and daughter never agreed nor accepted her that is why she already living in pain for fifteen years. Her eyes lift up into the night sky. 'Though I knew someday, my pain will begone.' she speaks to herself as she smiles.

"Yna!" suddenly someone called her from below that snaps out her thoughts.

As she looks down, she saw the fierce glare of her Nanny, the one that stand as her mother. After she was found in the midst of the Sangriento Lago or the Bloody Lake by Mateo, it was her Nanny Ciello who raised and took care of her ever since.

"Nana Ciello!" she called back while she waved her hands to her.

"Yna! I'm warning you!" Ciello seriously stated and she knew she really had to go down right away. "Oh, God! Yna!" Ciello called out loud when she suddenly jumps down at the tree.

"Sorry!" she quickly apologized.

Ciello stares at her with the same fierce though with worries picture through her eyes then she sighs. "Your father wanted you to attend the party."

'Dad want me to attend the party?' she silently asked herself and because she's too focus, she doesn't have the time to dodge her Nanny's finger. "Ouch! Nana Ciello!" she exclaimed while rubbing her forehead.

"You've been thinking too much," Ciello said. "Anyway, go back to your room and get ready. Your cloths have already been fixed and all you have to do is wear it and go at the party." Ciello commanded that she just pouted. "And lastly, don't ever think about Jessica or her mother your father already fixes it, alright."

'I doubt about it.' she answered to herself as she let her Nanny pulled her back to her room.

... ... ...

'Why am I here again?' Yna asked herself as she roams around the party, though she loves watching it from a far. Being there and able to be part of it seems suffocating, anxious and unstable. Making her head ache and dizzy that is why she chooses to run away and escape out of that place and went straight at the balcony.

She was breathless and tries to catch up some breathe to calm her before turning her eyes at the night sky that makes her smile.

"What would be the reason of that sweet smile, my gorgeous lady?"

"Dad!" she quickly greeted him with a hug and a kiss.

"I'm glad to see you with this dress that I personally pick."

"And I'm glad to see and meet a man as handsome as you." he just laughs. "By the way, Dad. Why did you asked me to come here? You knew that Jessica and your wife wouldn't allow me to be here."

"Because you don't deserve to be here!"

"Jessica!" Mateo scolded in a firm but in a low tone.

"What, I didn't do wrong!"

Mateo sighs heavily before he asked Jessica in full of control. "What are you doing here?"

"The Lodernbergh has finally arrived." Jessica announces that hits her and she knew right away what was their reason to be present at the party.

"You go ahead Dad." she said with smile and heard Jessica hisses before they left behind.

"Alright, but before that, I should give this to you." he handed a letter and a necklace with a ring pendant on it. "It was with you when I found you at the Sangriento Lago. I don't know what purpose it will give you however it's something powerful that should be given to you before your birthday."

... ... ...

'The moon.' Yna noticed it as she went out of the party after receiving the gift from his father that keeps her wondering what it could be. 'Perhaps, an answer to my entire question?' she sighs. 'Or maybe, there is much more than that?' silently asking herself.

As she goes around the garden, she finally figures out that she's not alone anymore and as she got nearer at the fountain where it places at the center of the garden. Her heart starts to race and unconsciously she was reaching at the figure of a shadow that lingers around her ever since she grew up and thought.

Wanting to see who owned that figure, the light of the moon took back all her attentions as if she heard a voice calling from somewhere she couldn't figure out. Then once again, her attentions come back at the shadow figure that makes her heart beats fast. While her blood suddenly comes rushing, and feels like a fire that burns her deep but frozen her like an ice before a mysterious voice whisper to her.

'This will be our moon. And I will take the half of the moon and give you the other half, as we part ways for now. To pledge my eternity of my love for you, we will meet at the nightfall and our half-moons will be our guide to give us light of hope and be together forever.'

After hearing those words, everything on her sight faded in the dark and she fall unconscious at the nightfall.

... ... ...

Written by: JR.