The Favor

Eleventh Nightfall:

...

Six years ago...

The only sound will be heard that night is the sound of crushing bushes and footsteps running around the woods. There were two hunters hunting around the woods that night though the hunting isn't like before, they can only hunt those supernatural that harassed innocent lives and this day they found three.

"Lord John," one of the hunters called. "He's at the North!"

"I'll go first!"

"I'll follow soon."

Lord John quickly reaches his target but suddenly someone slays his target.

"Who are you?"

It was a woman. "Lord John?"

He silently scanned her before he answered. "Yes I am. And who are you?"

"I'm Maya Cross, right hand and protector of Lady Mickaela Cruzada." She answered.

"The Sorceress?"

"Indeed."

"Why are you here?"

"To ask a favor."

"What favor?"

"I'll hand you the Hybrid Princess to take care of her until the right time comes."

"The Hybrid Princess?!" he was surprised hearing the name that they all knew was already dead.

"She's been reincarnated," she explained, "though the danger still follows her and we need much time to be ready for another Holy Blood War. That's why we choose you to be her guardian until that time comes."

"But... Why me?"

"It's because of your blood. You are a Hybrid consists of the Immortal blood from the God of Gift and the son of a mortal woman Seer, God's chosen, that made you qualified to be her new guardian. So, we know that you will protect her no matters what happens and you don't have to worry if you think you were alone there are someone that will also guard and protect our Hybrid Princess. You won't be alone to raise her until her Awakening."

Lord John silently weighed her words before he answered. "If I'm the chosen one, then I'll be honored to accept and obey the favor you were asking. I'll raise and take good care of our Hybrid Princess."

"Thank you."

"My pleasure."