Part Five - The Damsel

Seventeenth Nightfall:

...

'Sky' Yna silently uttered to herself while walking that night. After the long day being at the Nickleson Mansion, she found out that being there feels like she finally come home. The unfamiliar yet the familiar sense of the whole place make her feel at ease and at peace for a reason she couldn't explain.

Now that she's all alone, she couldn't stop thinking about the damsel in her dream with the name of –Sky. To this day, she still doesn't know how she met Sky. When and where she was with her, she doesn't remember anything in particular and all her life, she grew up under the care of Mateo and Ciello.

So, she couldn't help asking herself... 'Who are you?' she asked while looking up in the –Sky.

"Wandering alone at night?"

Yna was surprised seeing Eloisa Fe standing beside her who she didn't even notice. "Aunt Eloisa?"

"Sorry if I scared you but you were in deep thought that you didn't notice I was here all along."

"Oh, sorry. It just that..." She paused because she can't even explain what's on her mind.

"Don't worry. I understand." Eloisa Fe answered. "Anyway, may I ask what caused the Crimsons to kick you out of their home? Not because I want to interfere in your problem with them or because I don't accept you living here with us. But because I'm just worried about you, and I am happy that you chose to stay here because you are sure that we will take care of you no matter what. And lastly, I wanted to say sorry for what I have done to you at the garden. I really didn't mean it."

Yna looks at her with question in her eyes but she just smiled even though the truth she could not recall the events of that night when she met her. "Thank you for your kindness." She answered instead. "But the reason I was kicked out of the mansion was because of my wish. I know that Lliah has already told you about Jenica and Jessica not accepting me as a member of their family, causing to a little conflict between my father and his wife. That made it even worse when my father enrolled me in the school Jessica attends. So, I decided to leave their house myself so that I could at least avoid seeing their argument just because of me."

"But as a Crimson even if you were adopted, you have the right to attend that school." Eloisa Fe justified her.

"I know the reason why I can no longer cancel my transfer because of that. Even if that's what I want just to reassure his wife and his daughter." She sadly stated.

Silence.

"Anyway, what are you doing here alone?" Eloisa Fe breaks the silence and she even changes their topic. "Shouldn't you be resting now since the night is too late?"

Yna smiled because of what she said. "I know it is too late now, but the night calms my thoughts. Even include your beautiful garden with many different flowers that are fragrant in the dark of the night. It comforts me."

"I am glad to know that you like my brother's garden. It was my brother's deceased wife who tilled and planted flowers in this garden. That is why he really takes care of it until this day."

"I see." Yna nodded and smiled.

Eloisa Fe suddenly smiled while staring at a flower caused her to follow what she was looking at. "White and yellow chrysanthemums." She said when she notices what she had done. "Do you know what those flowers symbolize?"

"I'm sorry but I don't know."

"Yellow chrysanthemums symbolize neglected love or sorrow while the white chrysanthemums symbolize loyalty and honesty and sometimes it symbolizes the end. Just like the damsel that I knew."

"Who that was? If I may ask..." Yna suddenly got curious from what Eloisa Fe told.

Eloisa Fe suddenly formed her lips into a half smile. "She's a damsel in distress."

"Is she in trouble?"

"No. It's kind of... I'll just tell you a quote."

"What kind of quote?"

"- Once respect is earned, honesty and trust will gained together with a key of loyalty is a noble quality to success for someone ready to give everything even his or her life to one person they cherish the most. -" she said before turning her gaze at her. "And she achieved victory to protect the one person she valued and cherish the most. Even though she knew from the beginning, the price of her loyalty was her life. She still proceeds to protect that person and right now, the chrysanthemum flower is appropriate to give at her near end."

"Do you mean she's going to die?"

"Let just say... the end is near for that damsel in distress." She answered before picking out the white chrysanthemum and scents it before freeing it into the wind. "Let's go. It's getting colder out here." Eloisa Fe said and started walking back home.

While she is left with a question in her mind, who is Eloisa Fe's referring damsel in distress? Because she felt that the woman, she was talking about had a connection with her that she couldn't explain.

... ... ...

"Cuánto tiempo la dejas vivir con dolor, Sky?" Eloisa Fe asked as soon as she went back to her room and right now, she's at the terrace with Sky while watching Yna through her room.

"You even managed to ask that instead of explaining the quote you said to Lady Yna."

She suddenly laughs before answering. "Why, there's nothing wrong with what I said besides that quote meant about you."

"Yes, indeed that was meant for me. Yet, you just wanted to trigger her pain if you stubbornly force her to open her sealed memories. And beside anything about me is a knowledge that should not be told."

"Un conocimiento venenoso." Eloisa Fe answered.

... ... ...

Written by: JR.