Chapter 0: Beginning of the Circle

"Fear, treachery, and blood lust. For centuries, these forces have repeatedly plagued our dying world.  A world where men sought to destroy their own kind."

"Long ago, our galaxy was unified as one - the Seraphim and the Stratocracy - fighting for the greater good of mankind. But over time, we retrogressed and became blinded by our hubristic paths. Now, the Seraphim and the Stratocracy thrive in dissonance... and every young man's prospects are decaying to ruin..."

"As sentinels of this universe, the Intergalactic Stratocracy has a sacred responsibility to

"As sentinels of this universe, the Intergalactic Stratocracy has a sacred responsibility to...   ...safeguard what's left of the human race...  and ally ourselves with other interdimensional humans who are ten years ahead of us   ...and fight off the next mass extinction event for as long as we can.  Though we failed to protect the animals of our world, we will not fail to protect our own species.  We have the power and shall hold to it beyond our universe's dying stars.  Our enemies may triumph on the battlefield... but we ultimately control the endgame.  Thus, for the greater good of our species, the Seraphim can never be permitted to enter any parallel dimension with our respective allies...  not with everything we've worked so hard to build...  ...failure to comply will doom our entire existence...  the Seraphim have become mankind's darkest reflection, everything we've sworn to destroy, a bitter disease that should've been vanquished centuries ago... wicked humans beyond redemption...  ...unforgiving... undeserving, except to perish along with the rest of our godforsaken universe...  for there will be no alternative fate for them...  not with all the millions of innocent lives they've taken and tortured... for we must abide by our Stratotic creed at all costs... and deny them access to otherworldly salvation."

"Brethren

"Brethren. The age of mankind is coming to an end. We have become too many, too little to go around. The Stratocracy that we once trusted with our resources has squandered it. They have sabotaged our future. They have lied to us. To their eternal credit, our species is dying... But fear not, there is a future. As promised by the Prophet of Perdition, the Seraphim have a plan, for all of you... we will rise from our eventual demise and become one, united as an evolved meta-species across the cosmos. Our unity will be our salvation; our enemies shall fall before us... the Stratocracy too shall fall... for we will bathe the stairwells in their blood, along with the rest of their interdimensional allies. And we'll live on... not as men, not as animals... but as gods. A new universe is waiting for you, my friends. Throw off the chains of bondage and join us as we assemble a new order. I am Teancum, lieutenant-general of the 89th Legion, and I am this message."

"Attention. This is commander Gadianton. A planet-wide emergency is now in effect. In accordance with the Stratocratic civic code, I am declaring martial law. All units are ordered to evacuate. Defectors will be shot on sight. This is not a drill. Move immediately to the nearest evac shuttle."

"The Stratocracy has taken away our right to live.  Now, we will take away theirs..."

"...their weapons are shredding through our shields and armor. We cannot keep going like this.  The Stratocracy is taking on too many casualties..."

"Though their numbers are great, our rage will always be stronger...  no mortal enemy has ever withstood our might, not even the Stratocracy."

"Public sector is already beyond acceptable recovery conditions...  life support systems are offline."

"Hang these traitors by their entrails.  Dispose of the rest... "

"All surviving squads are ordered to fall back. Repeat, fall back to the nearest sector....the Seraphim have breached the citadel...   they're hunting us down like animals... just like they've already done with so many species before us..."

"Charges are set.  All units proceed to the next sector.  The Stratocracy are quivering like prey.  We will hunt down every last one of them..."

"We're losing power.  Kinetic restraints on the bulkhead door have been disengaged.  The Seraphim may have gained access to the compound.  If any of them reach the teleporter... "

"Concentrate fire on those time travel chambers.  Destroy them all.  Don't let any ships get through.  No one comes out of this universe alive."

"Are they insane?  What've they done?  The facility has been compromised!  Contact has been lost with our interdimensional colonies! Fall back!  Fall back to the auxiliary chambers!  We have to seal them off!"

"To all surviving members of the Stratocracy, your providence can no longer protect you...   for it ends here.  Your army is crippled...  your fleets are destroyed...   and all of your comrades are dead.  You may beg for mercy... but you will receive none.  We have six hundred armed soldiers covering every exit of this compound.   Even if you do run, you won't get far..."

"...say... goodbye."