Chapter 20: Aipotooz Ot Emoclew

That bright light was actually the sun's reflection upon the tallest structure in the distance. With the golden-orange appearance, it's grandiose architecture, and elegant height, I felt like I was looking upon the city of Asgard.

 With the golden-orange appearance, it's grandiose architecture, and elegant height, I felt like I was looking upon the city of Asgard

Obviously, this wasn't Asgard and it definitely wasn't Kansas either. This was the famous city that everyone had been talking about this whole time. As the monorail train headed straight towards the city, Judy and I continued listening to the song 'Try Everything' because it was quite fitting for someone like me who was trying to process everything.

Judy briefly told me this place was where her planet's ancestors first joined together in peace and harmony and declared that

'anyone can be anything!' so there was plenty of history to read upon. Perhaps later, because there was so much my mind was already occupied with.

Thus, the train was physically moving much faster than I could mentally capture the entire scenery ahead of me. Among the buildings, there were natural shapes and animal patterns throughout the architecture, like giraffe spots, zebra stripes, and

quill-looking tiled roofs to name a few. Looking closely, I saw lots of animal faces and teeth, including multiple horns and tail shapes.

After passing through a couple of island patches below the monorail, we were about to comb through the desert as the tracks curved off to the right. But first, there was a beach with a handful of animal occupants, then, there was a large metallic red-letter sign with golden trim that read:

ZOOTOPIA WELCOMES YOU!

My, how generous of them. After all, most cities in my universe were not full of warm welcomes during the wars, outbreaks, or even brief times of intergalactic peace. In fact, they were often full of deadly greetings because hostile artillery would be primed to shoot down any unfortunate passerby who disobeyed federation airspace boundaries by the slightest inch. This city, however, had no weapon defense system of any sort so we could check that off the worry list.

As the song progressed, I could feel the beat as well as the heat because we were now in the middle of a vast desert, just outside the city

As the song progressed, I could feel the beat as well as the heat because we were now in the middle of a vast desert, just outside the city. We cut through the massive sand dunes and I noticed a large cylindrical structure to the left of us that stood tall and proud. At first, I thought it was a thin pineapple but it was actually a building-shaped palm tree, or rather, a palm-tree-shaped building. That thing had to be at least 900 feet in height, which was similar to the home trees found on Pandora.