Chapter 27: Washed-Up

Ohhh, my head... It sure felt dead...

My everything hurt...

For the space of what felt like three hours, I remembered nothing more than darkness all around

For the space of what felt like three hours, I remembered nothing more than darkness all around. Nothing could be seen or heard. Only felt. It made me think of that time back when I found myself floating in outer space before I crash-landed on this exotic world.

So far, it's been quite the journey, and never would I have imagined myself ending up in a situation as ridiculous as this.

Captured by talking animals... I realized... great...

While I did give them hell, I felt that I was taken in much too quickly... What a disgrace to the human race...

Placed into limbo...

But where did they take me?

Now, as the veil of obscurity gradually lifted before my eyes, I already knew where I was. At first, I figured that it all could've been a spacious grassland field on a cloudy day.

But why though?

Well, there were green colors all around me, I sat on a brown patch of dirt, and the sky had an overcast stretched all over the horizon. Not exactly the rocky mountains as I originally expected but I would've easily taken it over the city. Perhaps my punishment ended up being banishment? Becoming an outcast in the middle of nowhere?

That would've been nice...

However, there was no wind, no breeze, and no organic grass. No natural sunlight but an artificial ceiling light with a metal cage over it. No big open field but a small closed room. The lower half of the brick walls were painted a light green color, the upper portion was painted with grey cloud colors, and the concrete floor had a light brown color.

And what were those rectangular shapes in front of me? Ah, yes, an organized array of steel bars.

Lovely.

As I lazily panned my head around - to adjust from the tranquilizer dart's tranquilizing effects that made me more tranquil in a tranquilized way - my ears popped, my vision cleared, and my mind jolted wide awake as if I were falling out of a chair.

I hated it when that happened. Deception by Inception...

My entire body shook with enough force that I could both hear and feel the binding strength of clattering chains strapped to multiple points on my limbs. Goodness, they sure had me tied down well and there was no use in trying to break free.

At least, for now.

I was too tired and feeling too much pain to do anything right now.

Beneath the chains, they also fitted me with a straight jacket with my arms tied sideways in a prayer-like position, handcuffs secured my gauntlets in place, leg cuffs kept my boots together, and upon my helmet, they happened to place a... a muzzle? Seriously? Okay... whatever... whatever made them feel secure.