Chapter 7: Yep. Big Change.

Not once did I wake up from a perfect night's rest.  It was wonderful.

My soul felt revitalized, and it felt great to be alive.  I was looking forward to starting a new day in this world for the first time.  An alarm clock would've been a perfect way to ruin a good morning, but all I saw were vegetable crates and farm tools all around me.  In my world, waking up early for work was the worst because staying in bed felt far better than going out into the depressingly dark industry. 

Back in my world, I'd always try to get as much sleep as possible before the dreaded 'Sound of Hell' erupted from that bloody alarm clock. In this case, we'd have dreadnaught ship alarms to jolt our bodies into pre-deployment status as we embarked on our next interstellar battle. But, in this exotic world I'm currently in, what battles would there ever be?

There was none to worry about this time, and I could enjoy the peaceful morning on the farmland.  Before the collapse, Earth-77 had less than comfortable living quarters.  The constant sound of cruiser warships flying by, hardware factories processing materials, and violent geo storms were commonly irritating sources of noise pollution.  Here in this world, though, there was absolutely none of that.  It felt free and sounded free.

The only sound I could hear was my head rubbing against the pillows, and everything else was calm and undisturbed.  Thus, it would be a good morning, and I couldn't have asked for anything better.  The garage had plenty of windows on the sides, but the sun hadn't come out yet to blind me with its bright rays of glory.  If I had to guess, it was about 5:30 A.M. because there was light outside, but the sun hadn't fully sprung up yet.

In my bed, I stretched out my entire body into a starfish shape and let out a good yawn that sang in victory because I knew today would be great.  It was much like being on vacation in a foreign country and looking forward to the scheduled activities for the day.  However, even though it was more like a foreign planet, the feelings remained similar, making me anxious and excited.  Indeed, it was a significant change for sure.

I began rubbing my eyelids to wipe away the small amounts of eye discharge from the corners of my eyes, and they felt relatively delicate but also itchy.  Slightly itchy.  Why was I feeling itchy?

Even after rubbing my eyes again, the itchiness did not go away. Something weird was going on.  Maybe it was just my eyelashes.  They must've shed a bit; hence, the itching.

After clenching both fists, I looked into my bare right hand, though my vision was still blurry, and I could notice many more pieces of eyelashes and hair particles.  Good hell, someone's been shedding a lot here.  I pulled out my other hand but saw something that was off.

Or, should I say, something off-putting?

Why did I only have four fingers all of a sudden?  A few seconds ago, I could've sworn I had five.  Also, my left hand felt much smaller than my right, which had visibly shrunken.  I focused my vision on the left hand and noticed it was all covered in grey... what is this? I tried to rub the grey hairs, but they wouldn't come off.  Wait, these weren't eyelashes, and they certainly did not come from my hair... my hair was blonde.

I looked back at my right hand, now the same as my left one!  It was also fully covered in grey fur!  Was someone shedding here?  Was it the bunnies from last night?  It could've been.

No, there was something worse happening...

The room was getting bigger and bigger, and my entire body felt like it was transforming...

...into something else...

I rubbed my eyes again and noticed that my face felt like it had grown a full beard, but was that just overnight?  Impossible; there's no way.  Panicked, I rubbed my face again and felt covered in itchy gray fur, but I couldn't figure out why.  Finally, I touched the sides of my head, moved my furry fingers upward, and touched something on my head.  It was firm and felt like...

...horns?

I don't remember having horns!  But they weren't horns.  They were...

...ears?  Were they ears?  I lifted my arms high up and couldn't even reach the top of the ears.  What the hell was going on?

My mind started racing like a violent tornado.  I felt like poor Pinocchio when he was transforming into a Donkey.  Was I becoming one?  A jack-ass?   No, it was worse than that.

What have they done to me?  Was this world's atmospherics changing the chemical composition of my body?  What was I becoming?  I knew I never should've removed that cursed helmet from my head.  So why in the hell did I take it off?

I stood upright to examine my new body and realized I now had paws.  Wait, what?  That means I was becoming...

...wait a minute...

I looked into a small mirror.

...No...

...a bunny?  Impossible!

Was I really a bunny?  What the hell did the Hopps family do to me? What did they put in their food?  Why was this occurring?  Did those bunnies get me sick?  What kind of pathogen was this?

...No, no, no...

"Aargh!"

Frustrated and utterly shocked, I popped open the garage door with my little dumb bunny hands and ran outside into the fields.  I frantically looked around aimlessly and couldn't believe what had just occurred.  To make matters worse, my suit was entirely gone.  I went from a hard-skinned soldier, large in stature, to a soft, fluffy, small, helpless animal!  I just transformed into an animal!  It all felt so strange that I kept tripping over my big bunny feet and struggled to stand upright properly.  Finally, I turned around and spotted... a tail?

It was so big... and fluffy.No.  I-I didn't want this... I didn't want any of this!

In a nearby pond filled with water, I scooted the lily pads aside and gazed upon my reflection. Lo and behold, I saw that I had become... a wolf?  Now, my entire body had transformed into an Arctic wolf, covered in bright white fur instead of armor.  My gauntlets were gone, and my hands had become giant paw pads. Shit

I started hopping and galloping across the grass plains and came across the main dirt road.  I looked one way, but no one was there, so I started crossing to make a run for it and could hear a large truck suddenly approaching from the other direction.  The headlights were bright, the horn was angrily blaring, the tires were screeching, and the truck rapidly slid towards me for impact, and then...

There was a loud POW!  Followed by a CRASH!

...And then a thud.

I was out cold...

After many hours, I woke up and imagined I'd find myself in a hospital connected to machines, trying to recover from the truck's impact.  After all, I could hear something beeping in the background, so it was likely a heart monitor.

However, this wasn't any ordinary hospital...