Chapter 9: The Big Talk

Was she carrying cuffs this entire time? 

I got arrested by a bunny then. I tried to process what my former colleagues would've thought about it.  Indeed, it was humiliating.

"Comfortable?" she asked proudly, standing front and center. "Mr. Cheribim, you are under arrest."

"For what?" I asked.

"Lying to a police officer," the bunny smiled slyly. "You've been lying to me this whole time; about where you're really from. Unfortunately, lying to a police officer is technically a class A misdemeanor. One year jail time."

I cocked my head to the side. "Seriously?"

"And you have the right to remain silent," she pulled out an orange object. "You see this carrot pen?"

At first, I thought it was a veggie snack to torture me, but it was the same pen she used on Hopp's family truck to check inventory

"Yes," I scoffed.  "And what's so special about it?"

She clicked a button. "Anything you say can and will be used against you," she said, standing face-to-face. Here's how this is going to work: You're going to be honest, and you're going to tell me the truth—all of it. We're not leaving here until that happens. Understand?"

I sighed, knowing she may be a tough bunny but not nearly as tough as her confidence was getting her. "You know I can easily break out of these cuffs, right?"

She shook her head. "You're not going to."

"What makes you say that?" I challenged.

She smiled, pointing the carrot pen at me. "Because, if you do, you'll owe me a new pair of cuffs. Just because you're strong doesn't mean you're in the right."

"Okay," I sighed. "You win for now." 

She smiled in victory.  "Yep, that's what I thought.  Now take off your mask thing."

 "As you wish," I removed the helmet, plopping it on the ground.  My exposed face felt vulnerable, but it was necessary for trust. 

 "Good. Now, the truth." she began, looking me over suspiciously.  "Where do you come from?"

I took a deep breath.  "Okay... " I exhaled. "I'll confess." 

She patiently waited.

I closed my eyes, trying to prepare myself for what I was about to do. She deserved to know the truth out of all the beings on this planet, bunny or not.  It was time to tell her.

"I am not from your universe," I revealed.

Her eyes widened as she nearly lost her stance."What?"

"I come from another universe far from yours. Beyond this planet."

She shook her head in disbelief.  "I...I don't understand.  If you're not from here... then... does that mean you're technically... an alien?"