Young Adult

This one shot is brought to you but a conversation I had with my mother. I'm an art major which is why Jack has been chosen for this one.

Jack's POV
"Jack you are a young adult now!" Miss Medda exclaimed.

"Yeah no."

She tiled her head to the side, "Then what would you call yourself?"

"A burnt out 19 year old college art student who has no motivation to do anything. Being home in quarantine has not helped my art. I mean it has helped me grow as an artist I guess. Trying to figure out ways to make do with what I have is just frustrating. But I just have no motivation anymore. I don't feel like a young adult. Just a burnout college student."

She sighs and walk over to sit down next to me. Her arm finds it way around me shoulders, bringing me close. "I know this year of college has been rough. I mean it's a big adjustment to this new level of school. Being remote doesn't help either. However, things are looking up. You might be in person which means it will be even better. Just think, meet new friends, and finally be in a classroom. Have more creative freedom. This is the road to your dream job. Don't even forget that. You got this, things will start to look up soon. Just keep your head up lovie."

I smile lovingly at her, "Thanks Medda, thank you."

"Anything to cheer you up. Now come, let's go and take a break from all this school stuff." I like the sound of that. I turn my laptop off, slid my notebooks away in my desk, and get up to follow her where ever she decides to go.