Ravey

Hey! This one shot is dedicated to Yourlocaltheaterkidx

Davey's

If you ask me I'm more of the romantic type in the relationship. Yeah I know, that's expected. Race is the guy that acts tough in public but at home he's a mush. Like a teddy bear. Anyways, we are coming up on our four year anniversary.

I was thinking going more romantic. But as time gets closer to the date, I'm overthinking everything. Just like I always do. What if he doesn't like the restaurant? I can't overthink. If I do then I will change everything. It's too late to change my whole plan. I just hope this goes according to plan. I also want to give him a little something. But not something you can buy from the store. Something that comes from the heart.

Day of the date:
Davey's POV

I have the gift in my pocket, terrified if he will like it. I pick him up at his place and head to the restaurant. "Damn Davey some fancy place we are at."

"Well I wanted to take you to only the best." His smile matches the love in his eyes.

The dinner goes according to plan. We end up back at his place to finish the perfect date by watching a movie. "Alright so I got one more thing to tell you."

"What?" He does the cutest head tilt as I pull out the sheet of paper.

"Well I didn't want to buy you something. I wanted to get you something that comes from within. Something that means more than words can describe."

" We do not need thoroughfares
when love seeks the hear
Such is the way of love
Always destined, never sought
We do not need gold coins
When love comes without cost
Such is the value of love
Always priceless never bought.
We do not need a wise man
When love speaks through art
Such is the beauty of love
Always instilled never taught
And we do not need a ruse
When love surrenders to us all
Such is enigma of love
Always mysterious, never caught."

Race pulls me into a tight hug. All I hear is his repeating whisper in my ear, "I love you."