SpotxRace: smoking

Modern day au! This is one shot is for hijax923 ! Hope you enjoy!

Spot's POV

I love my boyfriend with all of my heart don't get me wrong, I just don't want him to die from lung cancer or something. It's a small thing but I think it's due-able. This smoking thing is making him so unhealthy. We use to be able to run the block but now, he wheeze when we are only half a block in. Race doesn't understand the outcomes of it. He started this habit when we were freshmen in high school. Now, we are finishing up our junior year in college.

I don't want to plan my boyfriend's funeral. I love this man, but I'm tired of kissing someone who tastes like an ash tray. His clothes smell of smoke. Race doesn't even wear body spray anymore, it's just smoke. I feel like an intervention could help but at the same time I don't want him to be offended. I've talked to him about, the boys have but no one has been able to break through to him. If something happens to him we are screwed since we have no health insurance.

I sit up in bed as I listen to Race coughing nonstop. I move over to his side and pat his back. His coughing dies down, his face red, eyes are teary from the violent coughs. Before laying down he chugs half of his cup of water. "Race you need to see a doctor. This cough has been getting worse and worse."

He rolls his eyes while scoffing. "I don't need a doc. I'm perfectly healthy."

"A healthy man wouldn't be coughing like this."

"I-" The coughing cut him off. "Fine. We'll go to the walk in." I smiled in triumph.

Later that day we got the the clinic and I've never seen Race this nervous before. His knee is bouncing up and down, he's biting his nails and his eyes are bouncing through out the whole room. "Hey babe, it will be alright. They will most likely do a chest MRI and say everything is alright."

"I hope." And that is exactly what happened. The doctor listened to his lungs, tested his breathing, prescribed a MRI, and said he will call us with the results.

One week later.
Race's POV

I've been on edge waiting for the phone call with my results back. My coughing has gotten worse and I'm getting more and more winded. My nerves have gotten the best of me, but they sky rocket when my phone rings. "Hello is Mr.Higgins there?" The stern voice on the other was the doctor.

"Yes, I'm here."

"Alright. I just got your results back and I'm sorry to say but you have Stage 1 lung cancer," I felt the air get tighter like someone was choking me, my eyes started to burn with tears, the room felt like it was spinning. I couldn't get the words out of my mouth. "But since we caught it early we can treat it and hopefully kill the cancerous cells."

"O-okay." My voice was barley above a whisper.

"Mr.Higgins, this is treatable. I want you to meet me in my office tomorrow morning at 8:00 okay? From there we will talk about treatment."

"A-Alright."

"Very well, see you tomorrow." I hung up the phone and lost it. Sobs were racking through my body. My sobs caused me to cough. It was getting harder to breath. You gotta calm down Race. Breath.

"Race? Are you home?" I heard the front door close. Me crying was my answer. His heavy footsteps find me sitting at the dining room table. "Babe? What's wrong?" He crouches down and looks at me with concern.

"I-I have lung cancer."

Should there be a part 2?