What do you love about me?

JackxCurtchie
Crutchie's POV

When I look in the mirror I don't see what Jack sees. To start I got a bum leg, I'm not that tall, can't workout with him, my mental health is never the best, the amount of medication I'm on is shocking, cooking is a challenge, cleaning is a challenge, basic living is a challenge. He takes care of me. I want to take care of him once in a while, to show how much I love him.

Yes, the sucker married me. Don't know how I got that lucky. All these thoughts and doubts I have, get pushed away. I have to get to work. My job is a social worker. Helping people live the best life they can.

I try to focus on my work but, those thoughts just won't leave my head. I see 4 of my follow up clients and see if they are still on the right track. Then I meet 3 new clients.

I pull up to the drive way, can't find the motivation to get out of the car. There is no strength left in me. Defeat. That's it.

Soon enough I find the will power to go inside. I hear the tv from the hallway, I see Jack sprawled out on the couch. It is quite a cute sight. "Hey! How was your day?" Jack sits up so I can sink into the couch.

"Eh kind of a blur." My can't meet his face, they meet my hands instead.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm all good." He doesn't seem to believe me but we move on. Jack tells me about his day, then we cook dinner. Before I know it we are in bed. Jack's arm is tight around my torso. It takes me a little over an hour to fall asleep. But in the silence it's hard to quiet the thoughts racing in your head.

My days start to blend together. I can't tell what day it is now, the thoughts keep coming. Jack I think beings to notice but doesn't say anything if he does. I want to tell him what's wrong but truthfully I don't even know what's wrong anymore.

At dinner you can feel the tension building up. "Okay, I know something is wrong. I tried to keep my mouth shut and hope you would tell. But I can't keep it shut anymore. You are hurting. It's sucks to know that I can't help you till I know what's wrong. Crutchie, you can tell me anything. You know that. So please just tell me. I can't keep ignoring this." Jack stares his concerning eyes at me, I can feel them burning a hole into my head. I could lie and tell him I am fine yet again. But the look on his face tells me if I say that he will lose it.

"I was getting in my head again. You know questioning why the hell you married me when I can barley do anything to help you around the house. I try to be independent but it always ends up with you helping me since I only have one hand to use. One hand that isn't on the crutch. I feel useless. Like why in the world did you marry me? I legit can't do anything. You could of married any other guys out there that has two working legs and can be more of a dependent person. Every little thing I do ends up with me needing help. I am not mad that you help me, I am quite grateful for that but I just wish I could repay you by doing the same. It sucks that I can't do a lot of the house work so when you come home the apartment is all clean. I feel like a burned. I mean we had to look for an apartment that was on the first floor so we can avoid stairs. That was so hard and so much stress was out on you to find it. It's awful to know that even finding a place to live together was a hassle. I just wish we could have a normal life and be able to live anywhere, house work could be split evenly, and be able to do things independently. So this is what has been swimming in my head these last few days. I'm sorry for not telling you sooner but I just didn't want to lay this on you." He puts his fork down, rubs his tired face and gets up. Great. I just blew the best thing in my life. The tears well in my eyes. No, you can't cry. No. Stop. My hands start to rub the tears before they turn to full on sobs.

I feel a pair of arms go around my neck. The hands travel to my chest. I feel a pair of lips traveling down my neck. "You know why I deal with all of this?" My head meekly shakes. He continues whispering in my ear. "It's because I love you. And I don't deal with it, I do it because I care about you. None of this bothers me. You gotta understand that. I know these thoughts creep into your head and it becomes hard to tune them out. But instead of keeping them in, talk to me. I'm always here for you," His lips travel down my neck. Very light pecks that end up back to my ear. "How about we head to the bedroom and just cuddle for the rest of the night?"

"I'd love that," We head up to the room, Jack's arms latch around me as if I was to disappear.  I look up to my husband and smile. "Thank you."

"For what?" His eyebrows show confusion.

"For loving me for me and sticking with me." He lightly kisses my lips.

"I will always be by your side, remember in sickness and in health. For better or for worse. I will always be by your side no matter what."

"I hope you know that I will always be by your side as well. No matter what life throughs at us." Out smiles are as big as the moon.

For the first time in a while, I feel complete. No bad thoughts are swimming in my head.

The rest of the night is filled with cuddles and kisses. The perfect night.

Hey! Hope you guys enjoyed this!! Leave suggestions in the comments if you have any!!!