CrutchiexReader

This one shot is for UrgoZilla hope you enjoy!!!

Third Person POV

Crutchie could not keep his excitement contained. Today is the day that you and Crutchie are going on a date!! He puts his best brown shirt with a darker brown pants. Oh! Can't forget the newsies cap. Crutchie tightens the cloth around his crutch before heading to your house.

As he's on the way to your house, he passes the place where you guys met.

A few weeks ago Crutchie was selling his papes with his signature smile. "Hello miss, care for a pape?" He looks up at your soft eyes and melts like a puddle.

"Sure! I'll be back for another one tomorrow."

So from that day you came up to that spot waiting for Crutchie to sell you his pape. After awhile he finally got the courage to ask you out. He was stuttering through but got his message out. His smile was as big as the moon. He was over the moon with excitement. Your smile was huge, but your checks rose to a dark red blush just as fast.

He smiled at that memory before continuing on to your house.

After he climbed up the 5 steep concrete steps, with his hand shaking from nerves he knocked on the door.

You open the door, smiling as bright as ever. You study what Crutchie is wearing, and he does the same. "You look absolutely gorgeous Y/N." You can feel your face start to heat up.

You are wearing a long sleeve white knit sweater with a light pink bottom down skirt that stopped at your knees. "You look very handsome yourself Crutchie." This is his turn to blush.

"Ready to go?"

"Of course." He puts his arm out and you link arms.

While walking to the local cafe, the conversation between you two is nonstop. Conversations flows so naturally between the two of you. He opens the door for you and you go find a booth. Soon you hear the sound of his crutch and see him sitting across from you. You both take a couple of minutes to look through the menu, deciding on what to get and close your menus.

Once you've ordered and your coffees and a cookie to share come, the two of you dive in. "I don't think I've ever tasted a cookie better then this." This makes you burst out in a fit of giggles. You look at Crutchie's eyes that are lit up like a Christmas tree. This makes you try a bite of the cookie.

"I'll have to hand it to you. This is the best cookie ever."

"See! I'm not crazy!"

The rest of your night goes like this. The two of you goofing around, lots of laughs, and just an amazing date.

The night ends with Crutchie walking you to your door. "I really had a great time Y/N"

"Me too. Hope to do this again."

"Gladly." Before you go inside, the two of you share a good nights kiss. You close the door and have the biggest smile ever. Crutchie can't lose the smile he has on his face while walking down the street.