JackxCrutchie

Crutchie's POV

It was a rainy day so after we sold our papes instead of going to Jack's "loft" as he calls it we went to the lodging house. The two of us went to were my bed is which I never use since I go sleep on the loft. We were sitting millimeters apart. Our faces millimeters apart as well. Jack went to kiss my check then whispered "I love you". I returned the favor by kissing the top of his nose.
"Love you too." Our faces still so close. I look at Jack's face and do a quick study. His eyes that are the color of a dark almond, his clean skin (as clean as a newsie can get), and his light pink lips.
I hear him mumble "Not close enough." His picks me up and places me on his lap. My legs are behind him. Jack puts his face in the crook of me neck.
"Better?" I ask softly.
"Much." He starts to do light kisses to my neck. Nothing harsh or sloppy. Just nice and soft. Jack picks his head up and looks me straight in the eye and kisses me. I move my hands from his neck to his hair. I tangle my fingers in his hair. He moves his hands to my hips like to hold me as if I were going to disappear. It wasn't a hungry kiss. More like a soft and gently one. For the rest of the day I sat in Jack's lap, we either kissed or kissed each others facial features. We were content and happy to be in each others presence. The two of us tuned out the sound of the rain and the rest of the boys playing go fish in a few rooms down.