JackxCrutchie: Adopting

Jack's POV

Today is the day. What's today you may ask? Well my husband and I are adopting our very first child. I can believe that today is the day. It felt like it would never come. It's finally here! "Are you ready for the best thing ever!" Crutchie says, his voice filled with joy and excitement. I went over to him and gave him a hug.

"I'm extremely excited and can't wait for this new chapter in our life's to start." He looks up at me with a huge smile. I kiss the top of his head before the hug breaks. 

"Ready?" He could barley contain himself.

"More then ever." We head to the car and start the drive to the Sunshine Orphanage. It's not that far from us. After a good 20 minutes we have arrived at the place that will change

Once inside we can hardly keep our excitement contained. "Hello, how may I help you?" The lady at the front desk asked.

"My husband and I are adopting our little girl today." I say. After we tell her our last name and some more information we are brought into the family and wait.

After what feels like forever, we see the Social Worker coming in with a very excited 4 year old. She runs into the room with the biggest smile on her face. We engulf her in a big group hug.

"Are you exited Avery?" Crutchie asks with a wide smile.

"Yes yes yes!!" She squeals.

"Guess what? We are too!" My voice sounds so happy. After the hug we go to sign more paper work.

It feels like the papers never end, but finally we get to the last page. Avery gives her social worker one last hug before grabbing on to both of our hands. We help her get into her car seat and start the drive home. The car is anything but quite. Conversations are rolling, and excitement is everywhere.

When we pull into tens drive way, Avery really gets excited. I go over to her side of the car and help her out of the seat and grabbed her backpack. The three of us walked towards the door, Crutchie opens the door and Avery stood there in amazement. She was like a kid in a candy shop. She took a few steps in and awed in amazement. "Is this where you live?" She turned back to look at us.

"Actually, it's where we all live. As a family." Crutchie has a twinkle in his eyes as the sentence came out. I didn't think it was possible, but Avery's smile got even bigger.

"Want us to show you your room?" I ask.

"Yes yes yes!!!" The adorable girl jumps around in pure glee. We bring her down the hall. We have a one floor house so Crutchie doesn't have to do stairs. Once we pass the bathroom on the left, the master bedroom on right. The last door on the left had the name Avery written in nice neat scrip (thanks to Katherine). She pushes the door open and looks so shocked and amazed.

Her room was a light pink, her twin size bed against the wall, it had her favorite Disney princess on the sheets. She had a little desk to the other side of the room that was full of coloring books and crayons. A white dresser, then a medium size bin full of stuff animals. She walks further into the room and goes over to her little closet. In there she is met with new clothes and shoes.

After she is done looking at everything she turns to us with the word biggest smile. Avery comes running over to us and hugs our legs. I pick her up and we do a group hug. "Thank dads thank you!!" I look over at Crutchie and see he has tears in his eyes with a smile on his face. We kiss the top of her head.

We spend the rest of the afternoon playing with toys, when it came time for bed, we read her a goodnight story.

Once we knew that she was asleep and we head over to our room. "I can't believe we are dads." Crutchie says while looking shocked on our bed. I join him with my arm wrapped around.

"We are going to be an amazing family." He nods in agreement. We share a goodnight kiss before falling into a deep sleep.