Modern Day AU RacexAlbert part 2

This is long over due. Sorry!

Albert's POV

I walked up to locker J117 and waited for Race. I shoot a text to my younger sister to tell her I'm not going to be home. My hands start to sweat. Why am I nervous? It's just a date. A date with your soulmate. Don't fuck this up. What if I do fuck this up? Will I end up by myself for the rest of my life? Or is this like he is stuck with me forever and he has no choice? Knowing me I will fuck this up and end up alone and crying. "Hey Albert!" I jump ten feet into the air and turn around to see Race laughing his ass off.

"Holy Jesus fuck, you scared me."

"Yeah that was kinda the point," I roll my eyes, Race gets control of himself once more. He gets the books that he needs, and slams his locker shut. "Ready to go soulmate?" I stand up straight and take a deep breath.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"Jeez you sound like I'm about to kill you."

"I'm excited don't get me wrong, I'm just nervous I guess." We leave the school and are hit with a gust of cold air. Race bumps his shoulder into mine in a playful way.

"Don't be nervous, this will be the best date in the history of dates."

"Damn, that's a big statement for a first date."

"Well I mean we are soulmates so it should be the best date ever." I smile and slightly laugh. This kid is the biggest dork ever.

"So Mr.Bigshot where are we going?" I wiggle my eyebrows at him and now it's his turn to laugh.

"Now if I told you, that would ruin the fun."

"You're ruining the fun by not telling me."

"Well I guess I'm the worst person on earth."

"Nah maybe like second worst human on earth." He puts his hand over his chest and gasps offended.

"How rude."

"Aw I'm sure you will get over it," I pat his shoulder, his eyes roll again. "If you keep rolling your eyes they will fall out."

"Well I better stop or else I won't be able to see your cute face," My eyes widen as my face burns. I feel the heat going down my neck. This boy will be the death of me. Race starts to snicker when he notices. "Okay Al we are here." I look at the restaurant, it's the local diner. The outside looks like an old fashion one. The waitresses were even dressed like they were from the 60s which was a nice touch.

"What are you going to get?" There is so much food like crap.

"Um I think a chocolate milkshake with a cheese burger with a side of fries. You?"

"Damn, um a vanilla shake, with Belgian waffles."

"Damn aren't we healthy." I laugh.

"Healthy is boring."

"When the shakes come we can cheers to that."

"I like the sound of that," He picks up his eyebrow and nods. "So Mr Albert, tell me about yourself."

I try to think of interesting things to tell him, but I got nothing. "Um I have a few younger siblings, I work at Jacobi's Deli down the street, playing the piano is always fun and I like hats, um yeah that's about it. You?"

"Piano man? Uh? Gotta tell me more about that. But I'm let's see," he rubs his hands together thinking. "I like to smoke, making jokes and bets are my thing, I live with my friend Jack, I dabble in baseball a little bit nothing serious, yeah I'm not that interesting."

"Me either. How long have you been playing baseball?"

"Since middle school. Just the school team, nothing major."

"Do you plan on playing in college?" He laughs.

"College? Damn glad you think I'll make it but no, after high school I'll stop."

"Why?"

"Eh, anyways. Tell me about the piano."

"Well my parents wanted me to learn an instrument. My grandpa has this nice dark wood piano and I knew I wanted to learn."

"That's so fucking cute."

That's how the rest of the date went. We went back and forth sharing stories, and getting to know each other more.

We walk outside of the diner very full from the meal. "That was the best food I've ever had." Race exaggerated the ever.

"That was pretty good food."

"So I'm guessing I passed the test on the first date."

"Had no clue that there was a test, but I had a great time."

"Shall we do this again?" Race wiggles his eyebrows at me, waiting for my answer.

"I would love too." Race's smile could light up a whole room.

"Great. Could I walk you home?"

"Most definitely." The walk to my house was a comfortable silence. I felt a could thing slide into my hand. I look down to see Race's hand in mine. I clasp my hand in his and give it a light squeeze.

We reach my house and he turns to face me. His face still has they give smile on it. I can't help but smile back. "I'm glad that you enjoyed the date."

"I would do this again in a hear beat." His face gets a slight blush when he hears my answer.

"Me too." We stare into each other's eyes for what seems like an eternity. He finally leans in, I meet him half way, and we kiss. His hands go my hips, as mine go to his shoulders. We pull away after a few minutes.

"I could definitely do that again." He laughs a little and kisses my cheek.

"Goodnight soulmate." With that Race leaves my porch and starts the walk to his house. I make my way inside my house with the biggest smile on my face.