DaveyxJack

Jack's POV

"Stop! Just stop it already! I'm not into you in that kind of way. Understand that please!" If you could imagine what a heartbroken puppy looks like, well then you can imagine what Davey looks like right now.

"But I thought-"

"Well guess what Davey! Ya thought wrong! For once in your life you are wrong! So with that information get the hell out of here!" He tries to form a sentence but closes his mouth and walks away from the lodging house.

"What the hell was that all about?" Race stands in the door way with confusion written all over his face.

"Davey thought I liked him, in a romantic way. I ain't gay or bi. Nothing against it, it just ain't me," Race stands next to me on the steps and studies my face. "What?"

"Ya sure? I mean with all the time you spent with him, well I thought youse two would date. Ya know?"

"Friends can hang out and not being dating."

"Something is fishy about this Jack. I think ya do really like him and is just afraid to admit it." I shift on my feet.

"The only fishy thing here is the smell of dead fish from the butcher shops."

"I think you like him." Race pressed on getting closer to my face.

"No you're insane."

"Admit it. You want to grab his face and kiss it."

"Nah."

"Yes. You want to run your hands through his hair while kissing him."

"Shut it."

"Make me. Admit it." He started to look up down wiggling his eyebrows. He was asking for me to punch him in the face.

"No. It ain't true."

"So if I went up to Davey and just started to make out with him, you would be fine?"

I hesitate, "Yes I would be fine with that."

He points his finger at me, "You hesitated. You liar. You would kill me if I kissed him." His arms cross in front of him with a smirk.

"Shut it."

His eyebrows raise and he flashes a cocky smile, "Admit it. You would go crazy if I just started to make out with him. If I ran my figures through his hair, maybe sat on his lap or he sat on mine. My hands through his hair, his holding on to my waist. You would kill me if I did that to him." Now I was starting to get mad, I felt my face heat up. I breath.

"Fine you win. I would rip your head off if you did that." A smile broke out on his face. He looks like he won the lottery.

"Fucking told ya," He walks into the lodging house but pauses, "Well what are ya waiting for? Go get him." He walks inside fully. Now I just have to figure out how to tell this boy who's heart I crushed, that I actually do in fact have a crush on him.

I have a few ideas in mind. Get him flowers and apologize forever, just apologize until I die, or sing an apology. None of these are good ideas.

One does pop in my head a few minutes later. This could work. I run to his parents house and start banging on the door. A women in her mid 40s answers the door. She is wearing a causal pink dress with an apron around her waist. "Hello, may I help you?" I gain my composure and stand up straight.

"Um, is Davey here? It's really important."

"Oh yes, let me get him." She walks way leaving the door open. From what I can see they have a nice little house. Soon enough Davey is standing in front of the door. Dear god he looks awful. His eyes are red and puffy from crying, his eyes lost that sparkly, he looks highly depressed. And I caused that. My chest hurts from the visual pain I caused him.

"What? Found more ways to say you don't like me?" I start to shake my head 'no' rapidly.

Well here goes my plan, being brutally honest. "No, look Davey I'm sorry. I truly am, I know sorry isn't going to fix what I said. But I acted that way because I was scared and not sure of my feelings. When I'm with you my heart flutters, I get butterflies in my stomach. I never thought I would feel that way about anyone. It's weird and scary feeling yourself fall head over heels for someone. Personally never thought I would find this person that would make me feel that way, but look I found that person, and I'm looking at him. Believe it or not, Race helped me understand that I do have a crush on you and I like you more than as a friend. I understand if you never wanna talk to me again, cause I completely understand. But I promise you that I do care about you, you were right. Please can I have another chance." I look into his sad eyes the entire time. I tried to put my heart out, I just hope that I didn't mess up in the apology. He stares at me, studying my face. It's a while before he says anything.

He sighs, "What you did was messed up. Hearing you say those things to me, killed me. My heart and chest felt like a ton of bricks. I-I was beside myself. That was the lowest of lows I think," he pauses. "I'll give you one more chance. But if you mess this up I swear to god I will never talk to you again." A smile breaks out on my face. I could kiss him, but I won't. That would be to fast.

"Thank you Davey. I truly thank you. You wont regret this," It is his turn to smile now. "And tomorrow I'm taking you out on a date."

"You don't have to do that."

"Too late. Bye! See ya tomorrow," I run away from the door before he has time to say anything. When I'm a block away from his house, I smile. "Yes!" I shout and pump my fist in the air. For once I'm glad that Race eavesdrop on a conversation. I feel like I'm on cloud nine. I continue my way back to the lodging house with the biggest smile on my face.

This is the happiest I've been in a while.