The Sin of Envy - Lucifer (Supernatural) - Request by TheMidnightPhoenix

He knew what was happening and he didn't like it.

He'd seen the passing looks, felt the shift in the atmosphere when you both were left in the station with them and he definitely noticed the phone number that you had foolishly left lying out in the open for him to see.

That officer you were making googly-eyes at was stepping on Lucifer's and boy, did he not appreciate that in the slightest.

He'd tried to warn you against going out with them, told you that it was in your best interested to leave everything be while you could but had you listened?

Of course not.

The case was an easy in and out job, but you just had to go and make it longer so you could spend more time with the cop who had caught your eye, trying to drag it out as long as you could without anyone else getting hurt.

Lucifer found it a miracle that you hadn't been too distracted to keep that result at bay, at least.

He'd hoped that he could coax you into leaving as soon as you'd killed the thing, however, unfortunately for him, you had already made plans that would delay you for just a while longer and all of his distraction techniques were for naught, even the ones he'd been trying to execute to keep you and your new cop friend separated from each other.

You may have thought that you had managed to sneak away without his noticing, but you'd learn just how wrong you were about that.

He had said nothing as he watched you leave, dressed to the nines by a hunter's standards and with a giddy skip in your step.

He could have and boy did he want to, but he was going to bide his time until he felt it was just right.

The self-designated hour-long wait was the most excruciating part for him, it had been a long millennium since time had felt as slow as the wait before he made the call he had prepared and it was an even longer wait for the result.

Eventually, about forty-five minutes after the initial hour, you threw the door open with an angered shove so hard that the door handle nearly imbedded into the wall it collided with.

"You are the worst," you snapped, stepping inside in perfect timing for the door to close on its return from the rebound.

Lucifer looked at you innocently and gave a small shrug.

"I don't know what yo-"

"Don't even try pulling that crap with me."

"Oh come on," he said with a small eye-roll and a smirk, "is it that bad? You'd be leaving soon anyway."

"Exactly that, so I can't enjoy myself before I go?"

"Of course you can, just not like that."

You let out an annoyed huff and threw everything in your pockets onto your bed, avoiding any and all eye contact with the annoyance lest you wind up trying to choke him to death.

You could totally believe that he did that but you just couldn't accept that he would go so far as to ruin something you were genuinely looking forward to, one of the only things you had in a long time.

Hanging around with Lucifer was fun, even if you still didn't understand why he chose to hang around with a hunter not affiliated with the Winchesters and had no part in his ultimate goal, but even you needed your own time and space away from it all.

A small, tiny, one-off date that could possibly lead to a single night of sex shouldn't have been too much to ask for.

Lucifer watched you with a strange feeling bubbling in his stomach, one that he couldn't really identify.