Call It A Night - Seto Kaiba - Request by RadRos

Leaning back in his seat, Seto let out a long sigh and mentally prepared himself for yet another meeting, despite only having gotten off on his third one that day barely seven minutes ago.

He didn't particularly mind being busy, especially when it concerned a new business venture that was sure to up his profits and engrain his name into even further association with the game Duel Monsters, but it was getting late and he could feel a headache growing in his temples.

Glancing to the corner of his computer, he noted that it was coming up to eight, meaning this meeting would likely end between ten and eleven if the patter fit in to the others which had each taken between two and three hours per meeting.

A mere few years ago this wouldn't have been an issue, when he was still a teenage CEO on the top of the world with nothing to care about but his brother and his games, but he was now an adult with adult duties.

Which now included a partner who, while not desperately seeking his attention constantly as they were their own person with their own life, needed to see him at least once in a blue moon.

The laptop trilled with an incoming call and Seto let out another long sigh, taking a sip of the drink he kept to one side before answering.

He was an hour and a half into his call when he noticed a soft click coming from the door handle, his eyes briefly flickering up before going back to the others who looked just as ready to call it in as he felt.

"I think we've gotten close to a breakthrough of new technology, the next step up from holograms and animatronics should be ready by the time we launch."

The ones watching from the screen nodded and murmured their approval, money signs flashing in their greedy eyes, a disposition that Kaiba was more than happy to take advantage of.

From his peripheral, he noticed a movement and looked up in time to catch the flirtatious saunter of his partner as you stepped into the threshold to lean against the doorframe, your figure draped in a luxurious and scintillatingly see-through blue robe.

The robe draped to the floor where the bottom, as well at the edges of the lapel and the bell sleeves, fanned out into something that looked soft to the touch, something that he guessed to be white faux fur.

A white buckle secured the robe closed, at least enough to give teasing peeks of the matching underwear beneath on soft looking skin.

Seto found his brain stalling, if not in need of an entire reboot, which was rare for someone with his ego and need to be in control.

"Fresh out of the shower," you said in a slow and purposefully accentuated tone while running a hand down the lapel, gently tugging it open that little bit further. "Think you can call it a night and join me?"

When had time slowed down this much?

When had the room gone this quiet?

He kept his face as stoic as possible, not a hard feat for Seto, but still fidgeted in his seat and cleared his throat, trying to distract his own attention away from the effect that new 'outfit' was having on him.

You had mentioned earlier about having a surprise but damn, he hadn't expected this.

"Well," chuckled one of the older men in the meeting, a sly smirk tugging at his lips, "don't leave them waiting."

Never before had he seen an expression go from alluring to outright shocked and then embarrassed so quickly, cheeks reddening as strangled noises came from your floundering mouth.

"Oh, oh I'm so sorry!" You cried, stepping back. "I had no idea you were still in a meeting."

You turned and stumbled, nearly tripping on the end of the too-long robe in your haste to leave the room and shut the door behind you.

Seto watching with his mouth agape, unsure if he should get up to make sure that you were okay or leave you be...if he could move without causing more embarrassment.

For once in his life, Seto was completely dumbstruck and uncertain of what the next move was.

Laughter rang through the speakers as the group collectively erupted in unison, pulling him out of his stupor.

His eyes drifted back to the screen, meeting the happiest faces he had seen all day.

"Don't leave them waiting, my boy," a balding man grinned.

"It is late," a woman with a bun nodded in agreement, "and my wife has made some yakisoba that I am dying to eat, so maybe we should call it early."

"It's not as though we can't pick up from this point next time," the first man said sagely.

"If you're sure," Seto agreed, clearing his throat again. "Then meeting adjourned, until next time."

A chorus of farewells and goodbyes replied but he was already in the process of hanging up and shutting off his computer.

Once the screen was dark, he leaned back in his seat and took a deep breath while staring towards nothing.

Eventually, he gathered himself together enough to let a smirk slip into place as he let out a single chuckle before pushing back his chair and standing, rounding the table to head to the door.

"I hope you're ready," he called out, his hand twisting the doorhandle.