Left Behind - Thor Odinson - Request by Valerie

The elegance of Asgard was a far reach from anything that you had been prepared for.

You had heard many tales of its grandness, some truer than others, but never could you have imagined just how beautiful the realm truly was, with its bustling market village surrounded by a stunning forest of greens beyond imagination to the tall, golden spires of the palace's vast halls, everything was breathtaking.

Never, in your wildest dreams did you think that you would end up in a place like Asgard and yet there you were, being carted through by horse like a noble through the streets of Victorian England.

Loki, the one person no one ever would have imagined you befriending, sat beside you,

chuckling as you looked from side to side to try and take in as much of the view as you could.

"You do know you'll be staying here for a good few days, don't ruin all the sights just yet."

"I'm sorry," you said, smiling sheepishly, "I'm just so excited. We're here, in Asgard! I never even imagined I'd see such a place in reality."

"And yet here you are, a special guest to a prince, no less."

"I can't even begin to thank you enough for this opportunity."

"The world must hear your voice and what better place to start than in a palace to Gods?"

"As if I wasn't nervous enough."

Loki gave your hand a couple of comforting pats, his skin as chilled to the touch as it ever was.

"You'll be fine, don't fret."

Despite the fact that you had known Loki for close to two years and had grown close with him, you still couldn't settle down at his best attempts at 'bestie reassurance'.

He was usually very slick with words and could talk anyone out of a stupid idea, or more likely encourage them to follow it through, but this was one area where his smooth talking simply didn't work.

You were a bundle of nerves and you would be until you got back home.

Somehow, they got worse once you were allowed to roam freely around the palace after being shown to your room and having your things put away for you, something that you really didn't want the maids to worry about but had no choice over allowing to happen.

Loki had been kind enough to show you to your room before having to excuse himself.

"Royal duties, I'm sure you understand," he said with a look of displeasure as he stepped out with a polite dip of his head.

You'd let yourself linger in your temporary room for a while after he'd left, taking the time to wander from corner to corner and take in the luxury that only the rich and famous would experience were you back home.

The view from the balcony was a stunning overlook towards the wilderness Asgard had to offer and you planned to make full use of it that evening once night had fallen, a romanticised idea of lounging out as a cool breeze blew by and rustled the pages of your book too hard to resist.

Once you were sated with inspecting the room and the subsequent too large bathroom that was attached, you decided to see if you could navigate the halls of the palace by yourself, despite only being there for barely an hour by that point.

Most of the other wanderers mostly ignored your presence as you wandered, going about their own business and talking about whatever needed to be discussed, a simple Midgardian not part of their duties unless they caught your eye, which is when you'd get a brief smile or nod of the head in greeting.

You didn't mind, with the amount of people that passed you would have found it exhausting to have to speak to each of them and you weren't entirely in the mood to keep explaining why you were there.

Your mindless wandering led to some amazing discoveries in the halls, beautiful portraits, some painted and some created through tile work, some modern and others looked centuries old and that wasn't even touching the art and designs engraved in parts of the architecture itself.

Asgard was simply beautiful and you suddenly felt small and completely out of place.

You had just entered a large circular room that lead to four corridors, including the one that you had just come from. The only thing in that room was in the large domed ceiling that sat so high that it almost hurt your neck to crane it enough to look at, but the portrait of what appeared to be part of Asgard's history was the reward for those willing to take the pain.

"This is incredible."

"Isn't it just?"

You jumped and quickly turned around with a gasp, Thor approaching you from another corridor with a kind smile, his red cape billowing out behind him as if he had a personal breeze that only served to make him look at dynamic as possible.

Although you had heard many stories about Loki's elder (adoptive) brother, you hadn't ever had the chance to formally meet him.

Needless to say, you were a little taken aback by just how handsome he turned out to be in person, the stories not offering anything close to the alluring nature he exuded face to face and he had only said three words.

"Thor," you said in a surprised whisper, hastily dropping yourself into a bow

"Please, there is no need for you to bow to me," he chuckled, placing a hand on your shoulder. "You are Loki's friend, correct?"

"Yes, that's me."

"Precisely and any friend of Loki's is a friend of mine....within reason."

"That really is an honour."

"It's mere politeness and you are our guest for the week, let us make the best of it and get to know one another, I do look forward to your performance."

"O-Oh yeah, that," you laughed nervously, "it'll be something all right."

"I'm certain it will be," Thor beamed, casting his eyes around the room before they met yours again. "You know, I am free for the time being, how would you like a personal tour?"

"Really? I don't want to put you out at all."

"Nonsense, this is a chance for us to get personally acquainted after I've heard so much about you."

You only smiled in return, not wanting to bring up that you had heard things about him too but not many things that didn't make him out to be an idiot.

"That'd be really cool, thanks."

"Don't mention it, come," Thor grinned, turning towards the corridor to your left, "I can show you where Loki once hid after he turned a maid's clean water into the sludge of Asgard's river as she was mopping the floors."

You laughed and eagerly hopped up beside him as he took long strides through the room, your nerves temporarily forgotten.