Chapter-8

Avisha's POV

Avisha: Ok come.

I rushed out of the room, straight to the emergency room. I saw a lady lying in the bed unconscious, she looked like a 7 to 8 months pregnant. Already her first aid was done, so I asked the nurse.

Avisha: Give me the reports of the lady.

Nurse: Here doctor and doctor the patient is eight months pregnant.

I was somewhat afraid for the baby health as the accident could have affected the baby. Then I checked the reports, her survival is less than 10%.

Avisha: Where is the unborn child's report?

Nurse: Mam the doctor has still not come.

Avisha: What the hell, I need the report in next ten minutes if not, tell the doctor to be ready to get his or her termination letter from me. And also call doctor Mahima and tell her to come to the hospital.

I said and went outside of the emergency room with the report to discuss with other doctors. When I came out, I saw a man and a small girl whose head was covered in bandage and their dress had blood stains came to me with tears in their eyes.

Small Girl: Didi (Older sister) how is my mom and baby brother? They will be ok, right?

She said while crying, it was seeing myself when I was small.

Flashback:

Young Avisha: Doctor uncle how is my ma and papa? Please save them.

Doctor: I am sorry child; they are no more.

He said patting my head. I was crying very much and didn't talk to anyone for the next one week.

End of flashback.

Avisha: I will do everything possible to save your mom and baby brother. I promise.

I said and kneeled to her wiped her tears and kissed her head.

Man: Doctor, you can save my wife and my child, right?

Avisha: Your wife brain has too much damage, I am sorry to say this but her survival chance is very less, but we will try everything possible to save them. Could you please finish the procedures in the front desk and meet me in the cabin?

Man: Ok doctor.

He said in a shaky voice.

Avisha: Nurse, please help them with the procedure.

I said to nurse who was passing by.

Nurse: Ok mam.

I was in the verge of crying so, I went and sat in the nearby chair. And the tears started to fall from my eyes. Then I saw someone hand in my shoulders. I lifted my head and saw Mr. Akash.

Akash: Are you ok Avisha?

I don't know what got into me I just hugged him and started to cry. He rubbed my back and started to say sweet words. Then I broke the hug and spoke.

Avisha: I am sorry for hugging you and thank you for consoling me.

Akash: It's ok, friends?

He said forwarding his hands, I accepted it and forwarded my hand to shake his hand.

Avisha: I need to go Mr. Akash.

Akash: Call me just as Akash, don't need to be formal.

I smiled and nodded my head as ok. Then a nurse came near me with a file.