Chapter-9

Avisha's POV

After Maya and the patient's husband left, I went to meet Arju bhai as he is going to operate and remove the baby from the womb. He was getting ready for the operation.

Avisha: Bhai?

Arjun: Yes Avi.

Avisha: Have I taken the right decision?

Arjun: It is the only decision you can make now. Ok I am going to the operation theatre. You also change your dress and clean your hands.

Avisha: All the best.

He smiled and entered the operation theatre. I then changed my dress and got ready for the operation, I was cleaning my hands and Mahima also come to clean her hands as she is going to help me in the operation.

Nurse: Doctor the baby has been taken out from the womb, it is a baby boy and it is healthy. You can come and do the surgery. Then I entered the operation theatre. 

(Now the time is 4:00p.m)  

After six hours the second set of doctors and nurse enter the operation theatre sending the first set of doctors and nurse including Mahima. I was still sitting and doing the operation.

Nurse: Doctor her pulse rate is decreasing.

All of the doctor's present there were little panicking, but I was doing the operation calm and composed.

Avisha: How is the pulse rate now?

Nurse: It has become normal now.

After 6 hours, I went out of the operation theatre. When I came out the patient's husband came to me running, the small girl was sleeping in the chair.

Man: Doctor how is my wife?

Avisha: We can't tell you anything right now after 24-hours of observation only we can tell you anything. 

Man: But the operation went well right?

Avisha: Yes.

Man: Then, she can wake up later and get better, right?

Avisha: I can't make you any promises.

Man: How about the baby?

Avisha: The baby is healthy; he is kept in the incubator.

I called a nurse who was working in the operation theatre with me.

Avisha: Nurse take him to the area where incubators are kept and show him his baby.

Nurse: Ok doctor.

He was going to wake the small girl.

Avisha: It's ok, I will take care of her. You go and see the baby boy.

Man: Thank you doctor.

He said that and left with nurse. I sat near the small girl and thought about my life after my parent's death. My father friend, his name is Chandru. He is a lawyer only took care of us. As, he didn't get married he saw us as his own children. No one of our relations helped us they were only after our money. But, before my parent's death they have given the responsibility of seeing me and my brother to Chandru uncle. He died due to heart attack three years ago.

Then the man came back, so I went to my cabin. I didn't see Cutie there as I informed Arju bhai to take Cutie along with him when he goes to home. I then sat on the nearby sofa and lay down on it then, I drifted to my dreamland.

Arjun POV 

I was packing a set of dress for Avi as she asked me to bring a set of dress when I come to the hospital.