68: Manal

You guys are the absolute best 🥺 the comments and votes on the previous chapter is overwhelming. Thanks to each and every one of you. I love you ❤️❤️

"Room 55" I mumbled, as I walked around the hostel, dragging my gigantic suitcase behind me, like a tail. I had just resumed and I couldn't be happier. I was high-spirited because I was already in my fourth year. I couldn't wait to be done with university.

I heaved a sigh of relief when I finally found the room. I knocked on the door once before pushing it open.

Two ladies were seated on a mat in the middle of the room eating. One light skinned, while the other dark in complexion. Not too dark though, but I definitely had a lighter tone than her.

They both threw a questionable look at me.

I hope these girls are friendly.

I smiled. "Good afternoon, sisters."

"Good afternoon." They returned my greeting in unison.

"Is there anything we can help you with?" The light skinned girl questioned.

"I—" before I could answer, the dark skinned girl squealed.

"Are you perhaps Manal?"

I hummed in affirmation.

"Oh wow!" She rose to her feet. "You're our roommate. You're highly  welcome." She grinned. "What may we offer you?"

I had only met them, but I could tell the dark skinned girl was much more hospitable. I wasn't the type to judge people at first sight, but I definitely could read people's body language. The light skinned girl seemed like a nonchalant person. Imran always teased me to swap to the department of psychology because apparently, he believed I was born to be a psychologist instead of a food scientist.

"Thanks." I smiled again and walked into the room with my suitcase, then closed the door behind me. "But I'm fine. How did you.. know my name?"

"Oh! I checked it up in the register and saw your name. Actually I saw two names, but I have forgotten the second one. I remembered yours because I've always liked the name."

"Thank you."

"By the way," the girl continued. "I'm Aisha and this over here," she pointed to the other girl. "Is Radiya."

"Nice meeting you, Manal." Radiya finally spoke up.

"Same here." I responded.

"Which department do you belong to?" Aisha inquired.

"Food science and technology."

"Wow! Five years, huh?" She puffed out air from her mouth. "I feel for you."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. I was tired of people who had just four years to spend in the university feeling sorry for me because I had an extra year. Typical! "You don't have to. I'm almost done anyways. I'm in my fourth year."

"Really?" She looked at me with saucer eyes. "That's nice to hear.."

"I know." I mumbled. "How about you?" I wasn't really interested in getting to know them at the moment because I was exhausted by the journey I just embarked on. But at the same time, I didn't want to give them a snobbish impression of myself. All I wanted at the moment was to freshen up and take a nap. "What department and level?"

"Hmm... business administration." Aisha was the first to respond. "200 level."

"Microbiology. 200 level too."