Chapter 29: Quick

Lol, I couldn't think of a better title for this chapter and you'll see why soon 😅

There might be more mistakes in this than normal. I've been typing for a while now and don't really have the mental energy to edit it. Bear with me this one time..

This is dedicated to crybabygalore Thank you for reading both this and sluts guide❤️.

Breath, Deven , breath.

I constantly needed to remind myself of this as I mingled with the crowd. It was the night is my introductory ball and I was more than eager to get it over with.

Everyone still seemed shocked that their Alpha had matted with a non wolf. I could see them wondering if it was even possible. Thankfully though, in their shock they had been polite. Even Juneau and her two cohorts. Their presence here did cause me some unrest and I had to focus hard on maintaining the tight smile on my face.

" Let me talk to you girl." The Dowager luna pulled me away from the two Alpha chiefs I had been making pointless conversation with. I could see it on their faces that they were offended by this but she was their Queen mother. They couldn't do shit.

" You didn't fulfill your part of our agreement." She accused and I sighed inwardly. I wished she hadn't brought it up though. I was nervous enough to throw up already. She had been busy the last two days, planning the ball and so I had been to avoid her.. and unfortunately so had my mate.

Rhydian.. my eyes flitted across the room in search of him just as my mind flew back to the night of the founding festival. My eyes found him at the other end of the room and as though he could sense my gaze -which he definitely could- his eyes met mine and a slow grin spread over his face.

" I am speaking to you, Devenity!" The sternness in the Dowager lunas voice snapped my attention right back and my face paled at her obvious irritation. " Because of your lack of strategy, a war will happen sooner rather than later and we don't have the advantage of a barrier."

How was that my fault?

" Speak to Rhydian on the issue of releasing the other prisoners. Then work on them. We will need their help in the war." And with that, she walked off. I watched as Juneau, Quinn and Niylah rushed to her and curtseyed perfectly.

" Your majesty." I heard Juneau say.

" Lovely as always." The Dowager luna took her hands. " It's a sad shame that my son had mated with a moon witch. You would have made a lovely Luna."

I took great restraint to keep from rolling my eyes. Juneau and her cohorts flounced over to me.

" Seems like someone has lost the Dowager luna's approval." Juneau said with a pleased smile.

" Devenity, it's so.. good to see you again." Quinn said with a tight smile on her face.

" I can't say the same." I said just as I felt someones hand on the small of my back. Judging from the way my body tingled in response at that touch even though it was through my clothes told me it's was Rhydian. Ever since that night, my body has become even most attuned to him. Just the sight of him was enough to leave me aching for some kind of friction from him. The damned, impending war, had kept him occupied these last two days and I was certain I couldn't stand it anymore.

All three she-wolves curtseyed deeply. Too deeply for my liking. They bent so low their cleavage was almost spilling from their bodice. I pursed my lips, unwilling to comment.

" It's a lovely evening, isn't it?.." Quinn asked, hey voice so obviously seductively low, I almost laughed. Hey next words to wiped every trace of amusement from my face. " Master." She said. Although, purred would have been a better description.