Chapter 21: Alliance

Lovelyshia_Blossom thanks for the follow. We're at a hundred, is that big news ...yeah🙈

The Dowager Luna requests your presence in the main drawing room."

I was in trouble. Of that much, I was certain. We had only just gotten back from the city when I was approached by a worker. It seemed she had been stationed at the castle entrance so as not to miss me.

Whatever the Dowager Luna wanted to see me for, it seemed important and I had a sinking feeling that it wouldn't be good.

Not good enough.

The vision came flashing back as I walked into the main drawing room.

The Dowager Luna sat in one of the chairs, going through some documents. Aspen and Pontiac were with her.

I curtsyed and said.

" Your majesty."

The Dowager Luna looked up briefly from the documents she was reading and then returned her attention back to them.

" Alright, leave us." She said to the two women and my heart beat increased. I really did not want to be left alone with her.

I racked my brain thinking of anything I could have done so far that would be enough to irk the Queen mother but I could think of nothing.

As Aspen and Pontiac walked towards the door, Pontiac flashed me a smug little smile that seemed to say 'you're in trouble and I caused it'.

I narrowed my eyes at her till the door was closed up.

I turned back to face the Dowager Luna. She still had her attention on the documents.

" It has come to my attention that you and my son are an item." She said in a bored tone as she turned the pages of the document.

My heart practically stopped and I understood the meaning of Pontiacs smile. The stupid bitch! She'd reported me to the Dowager Luna. I hadn't even thought of her doing that. No wonder she was so eager to leave earlier. She obviously couldn't wait to run her mouth.

I stood in shock unable to form words. The Dowager Luna had made it clear by her behavior to me that she didn't like me and I was certain she wouldn't approve of her son being with me.

The Dowager Luna glanced up.

" Have you gone deaf Devenity?" She asked sternly and I shook my head numerous times. When she narrowed her green eyes at me, I forced open my mouth and said.

" No. I haven't, your majesty."

" Then answer my question, has my son taken a liking to you?" She asked.

With a sigh, I said.

" Yes, your majesty." I wondered though if it would be wise to tell her about the mate bond and decided against it.

She returned her attention to the documents in her hand.

" And has he slept with you yet?" She asked so casually like she wasn't asking if her son and I had had sex.

I'd never been more uncomfortable in my life.

" No." I whispered and suddenly I was glad that Rhydian and I hadn't had sex yet. It would have been so much harder to say 'yes'.

The Dowager Luna looked up and raised a perfectly arched eyebrow.

" Why not?" She asked confusing me. She seemed annoyed with my answer, almost as though she wanted Rhydian and I to sleep together.