CHAPTER 32

Hi beautiful people... Kdrama is everything!
Kpop gives me joy. Skz and Bts for life♥️🥺

..................................................................................

" Do you want to talk about yourself and Alpha prin- sorry king?"

We were seated in the courtyard where we'd first lived after our release. A few days has passed since the moon people had been released from the cells and although several acres of land now belonged to us, we had to stay here till after the war for our own safety.

I looked around at the people laughing and mingling. They hadn't seen one another for several years, being locked up in cells. It was a wonderful thing to watch but none seemed to realize there was a war knocking on their doorstep. It really helped army after army were into Aradia from several kingdoms for training. The army was a big one with an even bigger appetite.

The moon people had joined in cooking for them but, I'd rather see them training in the fields. Magic could go a long way in helping us win the war.

" Deven!"

" Huh?" I realized my mind had wandered and turned back to the carrots I was scraping. I wasn't allowed to do more than cut up a few vegetables because I was the future Luna and all. But I wasn't even sure I wanted to be Queen Luna anymore. If... when we won the war,my kind would move to our lands and I would be left alone in this kingdom of werewolves. I didn't want that.

" There's nothing to talk about." I said not meeting her eyes. I was a bit annoyed with Milah. She agreed with Brutus staying alive for the meantime so his death wouldn't cause a rift in Aradia. Sierra on the other hand wanted him as dead as much as me. The boys had also been devastated but hadn't pressed for more information.

I smiled as I watched Sierra and Princess Raelynn carry another Basket of Carrots towards Milah and I.

" I just saw Rhydian." Raelynn said with a laugh. " You two had better make up or that frown line will be permanently etched on his forehead.

I paused at her words. " Rhydian was here?" I had seen him several times over the past few days and Raelynn wasn't just joking. The frown was constantly on his face. It was a struggle not to care.

Laughter broke my chain of thoughts. It came from where several men were clustered cutting firewood. Cayden, Czar and Finn were among them having come back to be with their people. Among them was a man named Donovan. He was something of a leader among the former prisoners and had great deal of authority over them. I dropped my tray and moved towards them. I couldn't keep my thoughts to myself anymore.

" Donovan." I said and was greeted with cheers of 'Queen Luna'. The thought that a moon witch would Luna over Aradia deeply raised their spirits.

" Queen Luna," Donovan came out to meet me. He was an old man with a face full of white hair and hard eyes that had seen a lot. But, he was a good man and I was thankful for that. I couldn't imagine how things would be if a younger, more revenge driven man had taken Donovan position. The war would have started with us and I doubted it would have ended well.

" Don't call me that. I'm no Queen."

" Yet." He dismissively. " It is good that we have some representation here for once."

I nodded, feeling queasy. " What do you think about the war?"

Donovan frowned. " It is about time the barrier was destroyed. It was good help but it wasn't meant to be permanent help."

" Do you think we'll win?"
Donovan looked at me, incredulous. " Have the wolves ever lost a war?"

" No they've not." I agreed. " But they've fought humans, fae folk, moon witches. We're not equal to them in strength but the Eastern army is something else. They're just as powerful as the werewolves and I'm worried. I see soldiers everyday. They're so... proud and sure of their victory. They've refuse to acknowledge that the threat is up to the task. They need all the help they can get."