Chapter 11: Banquet

I'm dedicating this chapter to diamonds278
Thank you for your awesome comments and your support. You're da bomb girl!😊

We were seated in the castle waiting to be announced. It was the day of the banquet and it was well underway. It was set in one of the castle gardens and I could see several dignitaries moving around.

I didn't care about them though. All I could think about was Rhydian. I knew he would be here. The thought made me want to crawl under a rock and just die.

Good goddess, I'd kissed him.

I'd tried to get out of attending this event, lying that my back still hurt but the Dowager Luna had refused which was more annoying because Willow had been allowed to stay back.

The last time I'd seen Rhydian ... Alpha prince Rhydian, I'd been angry. Now, I was scared. I'd slapped him for crying out loud. What if he had me arrested for laying my hand on him like he did with Brutus? Goodbye Ardenite ...goodbye life! If I had to die then I'd rather it was for exacting revenge on Werewolves ...I think.

Getting my revenge and then freeing the others had been well at the back of my mind lately and I felt horrible for it, but all I could think of was what would happen when I saw Rhydian again.

Alpha prince Rhydian.

" Ughh!" I groaned out loud and it wasn't even because of him. The corset I was wearing was slowly seeping the life out of me. The Dowager Luna herself had supervised the fitting and had pressed the omegas attending to it to make it tighter and tighter till my waist was incredibly small and my breast were jutting out.

Milah gave me a sympathetic pat on my back. She unlike Sierra and I had been spared the ordeal of wearing a corset. Sierra had wanted to but the Dowager Luna had insisted on it for me.

" It's only for three hours." Milah said.

Three hours?

The corset coupled with the stress I was facing would probably get to me before Rhydian did.

Aspen rushed to where we were seated.

" Come on ladies." She said. " You are about to be announced."

I struggled to get up. I was certain I wouldn't last three hours in this thing.

Aspen looked sympathetic.

" I'm sorry but the Dowager Luna insists on it. On the good side you look absolutely beautiful."

As we walked towards the garden, I caught another glimpse of myself in the mirror. I couldn't even believe it was me.

The dress I was wearing was made of a blue brocade material that matched my eyes perfectly. It had a full skirt and a sweetheart neck with long sleeves. My hair had taken almost an hour to perfect mainly because of the Dowager Luna's dissatisfaction. It was held up in a loose updo with cascading curls.

Sierra had taken one look at me and said,

" Why is the Dowager Luna putting so much effort into your attire?"

I had no idea either. My dress had obviously taken longer to make . She had supervised my hair and was constantly hassling me over my posture ...as though I could even slouch in this corset.

I had shrugged and said,

" Because you look beautiful effortlessly, unlike me." That had pleased her and she had twirled around in her silvery ball gown for my appreciation.