Chapter 14: Survivor

Mesmerizingx17 thank you for your votes😊😊😊

I stood outside a meeting room. Rhydian and some Alpha chiefs were in a meeting behind its doors and I was determined to talk to him.

The guards stationed outside kept giving me dirty looks but I was determined to ignore them. They clearly didn't want me here but for some reason, they hadn't laid a finger on me. Infact, they were standing a good distance away like they were afraid to be near me. I'd been hoping to make a scene and draw Rhydian out while my anger was still fresh but now almost half an hour had passed and I was more irritated than angry.

Finally, the doors were opened and a number of men came out, mumbling and giving me surprised looks. Alpha Chiefs of Aradia, powerful Alphas who governed several districts in Aradia. I ignored them though, looking straight ahead as I waited for them to pass by.

The door closed up and one of them moved towards me. He was a young Alpha. He had three claw like grotesque scars which ran from his left ear to his neck, marring his otherwise angelic features.

I tried not to cringe at his appearance. I gave him a curtsy and he said,

" Lady Devenity is it?".

I nodded. He smiled and I found myself relaxing.

" You're getting yourself into things you cannot handle, witch." He said, still smiling, but it didn't look so friendly anymore.

He leaned close to me and the guards sprang to my side with warning growls. The man ignored them.

" I'd advice you to avert your attention from the throne witch. I'm not the only one warning."

I kept my face expressionless. He was still an Alpha and it would be foolish of me to challenge him.

" If you'll excuse me, my lord." I said, addressing him accordingly. I walked towards the door, feeling his dark brown eyes on me.

I threw the doors open and went into the room. The meeting room was blandly designed. Black brick walls, black long table and chairs. One of the walls was practically non-existent. It was the rooms only source of light and offered a beautiful view of some of the castles gardens.

Rhydian stood by the table, a worried look on his face and I felt my anger dissipating. He looked so stressed out.

His beta, Carrison Grey was the only one with him. He poured some light brown liquid into a cut crystal glass and pushed it towards him.

Rhydian picked the glass, brought it to his lips and then stopped, tensing. He turned and saw me standing by the door. He looked only slightly surprised. My scent had announced my presence. I wondered if he could sense the anger that I was sure was lacing my scent.

Rhydian sighed audibly and said.

" Yes I can actually." He said and downed the content of the glass in one gulp.

He could ...had he just answered my thoughts?

" I didn't realize you were so eager to see me." A pleased smile played on his lips as he regarded me.

" The survivor coven." I said and watched with satisfaction as the smile disappeared from his face. " I want to join them."

Carrison spoke before Rhydian could.

" How do you know about them?" He asked.

I looked at him. He was a big man. Not as big as his Alpha but still big. He had ruffled brown hair and a cocky light in his eyes. I gave him the once over and then turned my attention back to Rhydian.