CHAPTER 34

I stared, incredulous at Mother Diana.

" You helped them." I said, feeling my blood boil at her betrayal. " How could you?"

She scoffed, leering down at me.

" How could I?" She was suddenly seething with rage and lashed out her hand at me. Her palm hit me square in the face and I fell hard to the cold, marble floor.

" That's enough, Diana!" Lorian's voice echoed in the room.

She ignored him and set her angry eyes at me. " They took my life from me. My family, my clan. Everyone died in their purge." She screamed at me. " I will never forgive him and now, that dog king will know what loss feels like."

" Rhydian did not cause the purge." I narrowed my eyes at her. " You did. Moon witches like you who helped these vampires weaken the barrier gave the former king tye excuse he needed to start the purge." I said, stunned by the realization.

" I helped them because werewolves are what's wrong with the world."

" And I am going to purge the world of this particular pest." Lorian lazily got off his throne and walked towards us. " Begone, witch. Your presence irritates me." He looked down at me and caressed my smarting cheek. " Did did she hurt you, my sweet?"

I slapped his hand away and stumbled to my feet as mother Diana disappeared. My thoughts went to Rhydian. He must be near mad with worry.

" Do not fret, my sweet. I have sent word to your mate to meet me alone, if he doesn't want you dead." He said and moved my hair away, eying the red mark.

" What he doesn't know though is that he is going to help me make you well, dead."

I watched filled with revulsion as his fangs pushed through and the vision flashed through my mind, the vision of Rhydian near dead and drained of blood by me... me as a vampire.

Lorian grabbed my shoulder and dragged me closer. In one swift move, he sunk his fangs into my mark. I couldn't hold in my scream as I felt the venom burn through my veins. He pulled out and let me fall limp, to the ground.

" Now we wait."

〰️〰️〰️

I had never felt this thirsty before. My throat burned. It was near maddening... The need for... blood.

I sat up in the cage I had been locked in. I was outside now. The cage had been dragged out into the snow laden night with me in it. I tried to scream, hopeful that Rhydian would hear but my throat was dry and it hurts like hell.

I grabbed my throat, nearly strangling myself at the pain and fell back on the floor. I could see the sky through the cracks. The stars looked sharper than ever. I could faintly hear the sounds of war and then, I heard footsteps.

I sat up immediately.

" Welcome prince!... Oh, pardon me. King." I heard Lorian and say I caught Rhydian's scent, strong and clear.

I got to my knees, wanting to call out to him but, I stopped myself wondering if he would even want to see me. I was now the one thing werewolves hated. He would hate my scent. He would hate me.

I shrank back into one of the corners of the cage feeling utterly terrified. The thought of seeing hate and disgust in his eyes sent my blood racing.

" Where is she?” I heard Rhydian ask, his voice filled with hate.

" Over there." Lorian said, simply.

There was a pause.

" Don't fuck with me, Lorian. I don't smell her."