Chapter 9: Again

Itsschaozz. Thanks for dedicating a chapter of your book to me.

Enjoy.

The passageway led to an underground pool. It was made with black bricks and there was a small waterfall at its edge spewing water.

Sunlight streamed in through small holes on the ceiling and I wondered how this place would look like with moonlight illuminating it.

We sat in the cool water, he against the bricks and me against his warm chest. He was a complete stranger but I felt completely safe with him.

I thought of what had almost happened and a shudder tore through me. He pulled me even closer, putting his huge arms around my shoulder.

" Are you cold?" He asked in a whisper. A few minutes ago, he hadn't even been able to speak properly due to his rage but now he was calm.

I was cold but I shook my head, worried he would take me back to my room. I didn't want to leave just yet.

" What did you mean when you said you heard me scream in your mind." I asked

He shrugged against me.

" Exactly that. I just heard it ...and somehow, I knew it was you."

" That makes no sense."

" No it doesn't." He agreed.

For a few seconds, silence reigned and my thoughts wandered off to Brutus again.

" Is he dead?" I whispered, unable to keep the shakiness from my voice.

" No, not yet." He said, his voice hard.

I turned so I could look at his face. He had washed the blood off but his white shirt was stained red and there were tears on it from where Brutus had clawed at him. I could see his tattoo through the tears.

" Can I watch?" I asked and I meant it. Brutus had also been hurting Willow. I was sure of it and I wanted badly to see the life leave his eyes. " When you kill him, can I watch?"

He raised a dark eyebrow at me.

" It will not be a sight for a lady."

I scoffed at his words, relaxing against him again.

" I'm not a lady."

" You are now." He said. " You're also a moon witch."

I nodded against his chest suddenly feeling sleepy.

He continued.

" And your name's Deven."

He whispered my name like it was something sacred. I could feel his breath hot against my temple. The sleepiness left me and I suddenly became aware of how warm he felt. I could feel his heart beat resonate through me. Was it strange that despite how hard his chest was, I could easily melt into it?

He wasn't so uninformed anymore.

" Devenity to you." I said. " Deven is only for my friends."

I felt his smile grow against my cheek.

" I just saved you. One would think you would honor me with the title of being your friend."

Ignoring the fire in my joints, I turned again to look at him.

" Thank you." I whispered, genuinely thankful.

The smile left his face and his fingers moved to my bruised cheek. I could see the anger forming in them again.