2

ii

ii. BEACON HILLS COLLEGE !

∞༺♥༻✧

Azalea Montez |

AZALEA'S TEXTBOOKS HIT THE SURFACE OF THE DESK WITH A SOFT THUD. A tired sigh left her lips as she shook her seat at her desk, mentally preparing herself for the first day of her junior year in college. It was only eight in the morning and she was quite hungover after spending her night at the last day of summer party her friend hosted. With her splitting headache and nausea rolling around in her stomach, she heavily regretted drinking as much as she did last night. But she couldn't help herself when she was reminded it was the anniversary of her parents death.

She had lost both her parents during her freshman year of college. It felt like yesterday when she got the call during one of her lectures. Her parents were in a car accident caused by a drunk driver. She was left alone as she had no siblings and her living family lived on the other side of the country. Her aunt had offered her to move to the east coast after her parents passing but she refused, not wanting to transfer to another college being her reasoning. Though it wasn't the only reason.

She wanted to stay here because it was her home and it made her feel close to her parents still. She often kept in touch with her aunt and her grandparents but only to a minimum. Her best friend since elementary school, Victoria, stuck by her through everything. For a while Victoria let her stay with her until she got back on her feet after losing her parents. When she made enough to live in her own apartment, the two friends decided to be roommates and moved into a two bedroom apartment.

As time went on she learned to live with the fact her parents were gone. She slowly found happiness although she still felt that void in her from the loss of her parents. Her father wouldn't get to walk her down the isle of her wedding, her mother wouldn't get to teach her how to be a mom herself, and her parents wouldn't get to see her graduate. It killed her to think about this but she often tried not to. She had to keep her head up and be strong like her parents always told her.

So the only family she really had left was Victoria. She still wondered sometimes how the two were best friends even though being polar opposites. Victoria loved to socialize and party, always wanting to have fun. She on the other hand mainly kept to herself but had a strong attitude. She preferred being in solitude. It gave her a sense of peace she never wanted to ruin. So she kept her circle small. Of course she had other friends but she mainly stuck with Victoria.

"Excuse me, is this seat taken?" A masculine voice with a slightly higher pitch pulled Azalea from her thoughts, grabbing her attention.

She furrowed her eyebrows, turning her head to see a guy with dark slick back hair and dark eyebrows. He was wearing dark jeans and a black shirt, supported with black boots. She glanced at the seat, "Nope. Seat is all free."