63

LXIII

LXIII. LOVE ON A FULL MOON

derek hale |

THE FULL MOON WAS TONIGHT AND FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A WHILE, DEREK WAS FIGHTING AGAINST HIS WOLF. he was still able to keep control of himself but it was more challenging than ever. he was sure it was because azalea had been on campus all day and it just so happens today was her late day. not only was it the full moon but it was also the day they would be solidifying their bond permanently. so derek was a nervous wreck from the moment he woke up.

she was already gone for class when he did wake up this morning which meant he had to start his day without her. this didn't help him at all. he kept thinking about heading to her campus and watching her from afar. he knew she would end up finding out though so he decided to save himself by waiting for her. he just couldn't keep waiting the time go by. he wanted her with him right now and he was getting more and more impatient.

it was nearing seven at night and still she wasn't home. all of his messages were left on delivered meaning she hasn't seen any of them. he was getting incredibly antsy, more so as it was getting later and later. just as he was getting ready to call her, she came walking through the door with a stressed look on her face.

he instantly pulled her into his arms, calmness washing over him from finally having her here with him. he felt her tense muscles relax, the stress she was feeling fading away completely. he purred contently when she snuggled against him as if she were trying to get impossibly closer. his nose rubbed along her temple in subtle attempt to scent mark her.

"hi baby." he murmured refusing to let her go. "how was classes?"

"it was okay. i just have a big work load for the rest of the week so i'm stressed." she sighed, resting her chin on his chest to look up at him.

he frowned, "you got this, okay? do it piece by piece until it's done. don't stress yourself trying to get it done all in one go."

"i know that's what i'm going to do. but tonight is all about us." she whispered in a slight seductive tone which made derek's wolf instantly perk up. he released a low growl when she nipped at the underside of his jaw, his hands gripping onto her hips.

"mmm i can't wait," his voice rasped, cupping the side of her jaw in a firm manner to prove some dominance. "gonna make you mine forever." she blushed, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth causing him to growl at the sight.

"so what shall we do while we wait until it's time?" she asked, giggling when he bumped noses with her affectionately. his chest was still rumbling from his purring wolf. he hated he had to wait until they fully bonded. he had to wait until the full moon was at its peak. he was too impatient.