12

xii

xii. WRATH OF AN ALPHA

∞༺♥༻✧

Derek Hale |

DEREK WATCHED AZALEA FROM THE TREE LINE BEIND THE PLACE SHE SHARED WITH VICTORIA. He kept his eyes on her through the window, seeing her fast asleep. The medicine given to her by David must've been working well seeing as she looked healthier than he anticipated. Not only was he angry but so was his wolf. No one, and absolutely no one, was meant to come between him and his mate. His plan to get her back and have her slowly see the real him was completely ruined. Thanks to David.

The moment he saw David leave her place, all he saw was red. He was blinded by a rage like no other and before he knew it, he swiftly yanked David by the back of his jacket and pulled him into the woods. He roughly slammed the beta into the bark of the tree, flashing his red eyes and letting out a low feral growl.

"I heard you paid a visit to Deaton about the suppressant medicine." Derek had a tight grip on the base of David's throat, almost cutting off his airway.

"I was doing more for her than you were!" David managed to get out, struggling against Derek's grip. "She was suffering because of you!" He forcefully shoved Derek away from him, rubbing his throat to soothe the burning sensation Derek left on him.

Derek clenched his fists, his chest heaving up and down with every breath he took in attempt to calm himself. "You have a lot of nerve getting in between my mate and I. I'm the Alpha, every decision I make is to not be questioned."

"When it comes to the life and well being of my friend, then I do get to question." David snapped, glaring at his Alpha before him. Each word he said was pushing Derek closer and closer to the edge.

"You deceived me and went against your Alpha. The last few times I allowed it to slide because it was nothing major. For this? Your punishment awaits for you." Derek smirked, a sadistic glint radiating in his eyes as multiple shifted wolves came out from the dark, knocking David out cold.

Christian, in his human form, stepped into view and looked at Derek. "Alpha Hale, what are you going to do when she finds out about David?"

"We say he was attacked the same way she was. What she doesn't know won't hurt her." Derek told him, watching as the wolves took off with an unconscious David. He turned to look at his best Warrior, "Deaton only gave enough of the medicine to last at least a few days. Once she's out, I'll step in."

"Are you sure that's a good idea? You're forcing her to be with you against her will." Christian told him, taking a step back when Derek glared at him.