49

xlix

xlix. BUILDING SECRETS

azalea montez |

"IS THERE ANY WAY WE CAN MAKE THIS MEETING QUICK?" AZALEA ASKED AS SHE TOOK A SEAT AT THE CAFÉ'S TABLE. she was dressed in black jeans and boots, an undershirt and a white long sleeved with a black jacket covering her. she had a grey colored knit beanie on her head to keep her ears warm. not matter how much she tried to stay warm, she was always cold unless she was in the warmth of derek.

"afraid your alpha boyfriend will have a problem with you meeting another guy for coffee?" michael snickered, a teasing glint in his eyes as he took a sip of his coffee.

her face fell at his words her heart racing in her chest. she knew he was aware of jamie and not much of this pack. she just didn't think he knew about her and derek. that was something they were still intent on being private about and keeping it within the community. now she wasn't sure how she should feel.

michael chuckled, "don't worry i'm not a bad guy. i just know enough from jamie. and i'm not stupid enough to do anything to an alpha's mate." his words seemed to put her at a bit of ease.

"then i guess you can say he may have an issue with me meeting with another guy. but he'll have more of an issue from me not telling him." she mumbled, letting out a breath to ease her nerves and sipping her hot coffee. the liquid warmed her insides which helped her to further relax

"interesting." he commented.

"what do you mean?" she asked leaning back in her seat.

"nothing it's just you come off at very timid and observant. but not being very secretive to anyone close to you." he replied, studying her face as if he were trying to read her and her energy.

she frowned, "i'm not secretive."

"i don't believe that. you seem like the type to put pieces of yourself out there but keep the important ones in so no one can understand you." he pointed out, knowing he was spot on as she immediately looked away from him. "derek is open with you but you're not as open as you may think you are. am i wrong?" he smirked.

"are we here to talk about derek and me or are you going to help me?" she questioned, growing agitated from his sudden observations. she didn't need anyone knowing her business with derek.

he raised his eyebrows, "why are you so defensive? you know people get really defensive when they have things to hide."

"i came to you for help and about the case. not to pry into my personal life. so for once stop acting cocky and arrogant, will you?" she snapped sending him a glare. she leaned back and crossed her arms over her chest.