6

vi

vi. ATTACK ON A FULL MOON

∞༺♥༻✧

Azalea Montez |

SITTING AT THE KITCHEN TABLE, AZALEA QUICKLY TYPED AWAY ON HER LAPTOP. She had been doing her assignments for hours on end, not realizing she did so until she looked outside to see it completely dark. She opted to stay home instead of going to David's to hang out. It was Friday and she wanted to have the night to herself. She was glad she did. She was able to complete all of her assignments so she could have the weekend to relax. But she couldn't seem to stop thinking about Derek.

There was something about him that lured her to him. Almost like it was a magnetic pull. It didn't help that he was incredibly handsome. To her he appeared completely flawless and irresistible. What was it about him that threw her for a loop? She could clearly see he radiated such a dominating aura and though she typically shied away from guys like that, she was seemingly ready to submit to him. Why was he so alluring? Why was she feeling this way when she barely knew him?

Whatever it was she tried not to think too much about. She decided to just go with the flow and naturally see what happens with him. For some reason she believed his words when he said he would see her soon. She was excited for the next time she would see him.

She let out a sigh when she felt her stomach rumble. Forgetting to eat was a habit she had every time she did her homework. She'd stress herself out on making an assignment be perfect and to her best effort that she would forget to eat. It wasn't a good habit but she couldn't ever break it.

Seeing nothing in her refrigerator that would satisfy her taste, she decided to go to the local market only a few minutes down the road from where her and Victoria lived. It was only eight o'clock so she decided to walk rather than drive and waste her gas. Besides, it was right down the road so nothing would really happen to her. Or at least that's what she thought.

As she was walking, she heard the sound of multiple howls from what sounded like wolves. She suddenly felt too exposed which resulted in her picking up her pace. But everything seemed to happen too fast. She barely had time to register the lanky silver haired wolf tackling her off the sidewalk and into the woods. She cried in pain, feeling stinging sensations through the skin of her arms.

Her heart raced with fear, looking up at the glowing wolf eyes staring threateningly at her. She whimpered when it snarled at her, creeping over to her like a predator stalking its prey.

Another distant howl drew the wolf's attention long enough for her to jump to her feet and take off running. She looked over her shoulder to see the wolf chasing after her, quickly gaining on her. Her foot tripped over a fallen log, making her hit her head on a large rock. Nausea and dizziness washed over her, crying in immense pain. She braced herself for the wolf to attack and kill her but was caught off guard when multiple wolves jumped over her, attacking the wolf that had been chasing her.