30

xxx

xxx. I LOVE YOU

Azalea Montez |

WAKING UP WITH AN ARM DRAPED SECURELY AROUND HER SLIM WAIST, AZALEA TURNED TO SEE DEREK STILL PEACEFULLY ASLEEP. A small smile took over her face as she brushed her fingers through his charcoal locks. She felt safer than ever. And she also felt refreshed and relieved. Her entire being felt completely whole. There was nothing to worry about anymore. Well, except from the times she had to deal with her mate jumping into his extremely protective instincts. But deep down she loved it. She loved having someone who loves her on a level so deep and sacred. Especially since she returned the feeling.

"You know I hate waking up after you." His morning voice broke her from her thoughts. He had a pout on his face from the fact she had woken up before him. 

She giggled, her hand caressing his cheek before moving down to rest on the center of his chest. "I'm sorry handsome. I can't help the time I wake up."

"I know baby, I'm just messing with you. I need to get up anyway since I need to do my morning run." He told her, pushing her hair behind her ear and planting a kiss on her temple. "How are you feeling?"

"A lot better. Physically I'm still in a bit of pain but I'm okay. Emotionally... I'm absolutely okay. I have you now." She mumbled the last part, her heart warming at her own words.

His wolf purred, "I kept my promise, didn't I? Now we can focus on us." He hovered over her, gently pressing his lips to hers.

"Derek! We haven't brushed our teeth yet!" She exclaimed, looking up at him with wide eyes and flushed cheeks.

"Oh please. We're together for life, it shouldn't bother us. It doesn't bother me." He chuckled when she stopped him from leaning back down to kiss her again.

"It's not sexy." She pouted.

"Ugh fine, let's go brush our teeth so I can kiss you." He huffed in playful annoyance while climbing off over her. He got out of bed as did she, the two of them heading into the bathroom connected to their now shared bedroom.

The moment they finished brushing their teeth, Derek wasted no time in pulling her against him and smashing his lips onto hers. She gracefully accept the kiss, wrapping her arms around the back of his neck and kissing him back eagerly like he was.

"The pack and I are gonna do a quick morning run. I won't be long." He assured her, holding her cheeks in his large warm hands.

"There's nothing to worry about anymore. Be as long as you need to." She told him as she leant into his touch.

He sighed, "I know but because everything is okay now, and you're doing better, my wolf has the need to mark and mate you. So I don't want to be far from you for too long."